T-body with only M lenses?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't share your enthusiasm for the T announcement. Three years ago, maybe. I already have that camera, and I can get a new one (NEX-6) for less than 500 dollars. Now, a full frame CL with the "M" CMOS sensor, no video, and the same lens mount, and a price point just a few clicks south of the M-E, that I coulda got behind.

Probably "interested" is better word than enthusiastic. I am on the fence and trying to find use case for myself that can justify another camera (I will keep NEX6 - I like it for timelapse). I don't make money off my cameras, that's why my usage is only for my own satisfaction.

I love to see people shooting film enthusiastically (since I don't shoot film any more). Interestingly, my son suddenly got interested and picked up my old Konica AR (instead of digitals) and shot two rolls of B&W film. He is learning sunny 16 rule since the light meter doesn't work. Very effective way to learn photography. :)

Sounds like I'll wait for Putz review.

The name is Puts, Erwin Puts.

For some reason or other his name appears to be hard to spell correctly.

• Like 2

The name is Puts, Erwin Puts.

For some reason or other his name appears to be hard to spell correctly.

I found out in googling recently that putz means a stupid or worthless person. Puts in Swedish says "to shrine, polish".

I think it will be easier to remember the correct spelling next time then :D

• Like 1

Only one experience with a digital camera and a lens designed for film has left me entirely beware of presuming a wider than 35m M lens will perform well on the T. I have the CV 15mm as well as a vari-focus Panasonic with 15mm as the wide limit. The Panasonic lens performs so very much better @15mm on the same M43 camera than the CV. In fact, the CV is terrible on the M43, and marginally better on the M9 with a 21mm profile.

If particularly wide Leica lenses work well on the T, then we have some insight into how excellent the sensor, electronics and firmware is. We will soon know.

• Like 1

I found out in googling recently that putz means a stupid or worthless person. Puts in Swedish says "to shrine, polish".

I think it will be easier to remember the correct spelling next time then :D

Seeing that Erwin is Dutch, not Swedish...;) It means "Bucket" Edited by jaapv
  • Like 3

From my own use, I can confirm that 28CRON does not work well with Nex6/7 or Sony A7. Corners are horrible, though the center is superb. Using an F2 lens at F8 to get acceptable quality does not make sense. I hope T is the solution.

You can look at the raw files of M9 and NEX6 shots with 28mm cron ASPH @f5.6 here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/exlrp8pg2tkl0o6/xvV52LEzq5

The left and right side from NEX6 sensor is a mush. I can't use 28mm cron on NEX6 if I am shooting landscape and hope to print big.

Of course the longer lenses are superb. I do use electronic first curtain all the time. It is still clunky (in comparison) and I have to be careful. On a plus side you have 10fps which I can use for spray and pray. :)

Ricoh GX M-mount is another option to consider as well.

Ricohs Mode2 focus peaking is so far the only really well working implementation. It works even well with lenses that have too much DoF (or are stopped down already), where Sony, Olympus, etc. struggle.

It is the only peaking where I almost never need(ed) the loupe.

• Like 3