Turning points

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I came to use EVF when I started with my Ricoh GXR-M. It's not the best EVF by a long chalk but I adapted fairly quickly after shooting primarily with SLRs. It's certainly great for tweaking the exposure 'in real time' so to speak, but I do wonder if those who approach EVF from a rangefinder user's perspective, might be put off by the de facto loss of peripheral vision outside the edges of the frame that they had previously enjoyed? I imagine it might be disconcerting at first.

My only rangefinder experience came when I had a Kiev 4 as a teenager.(Rough as a box of frogs it was too, only please don't tell those guys over on RFF. They just wouldn't understand!):)

• Like 1

Putting aesthetics to one side for a moment, is it possible to mount an external OVF like, say, a SBOOI on the T or does the EVF/hotshoe physically prevent it? (I'm not interested for myself because I don't have an issue with EVFs - tools for the job - but it might help with Paul's dislike.)

Pete.

HI Pete

How the devil are you? well I hope? NO Problem adding an optical viewfinder (Sean Reid favours it) . .

• Like 2

HI Pete

How the devil are you? well I hope? NO Problem adding an optical viewfinder (Sean Reid favours it) . .

Very well thanks, Jono, and thanks for the answer. Very much enjoyed your review of the T.:)

Pete.

It's normal to dislike EVF

when manufacturers begin to remember why SLR was appreciated then maybe we can expect progress in camera design and not this waste..

Btw love the idea of mirrorless but there was a reason for it :D:confused:

Andy