Best reason to purchase the Leica T

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I rarely if ever miss focus on an SLR with a split-wedge focusing screen. Yet this system is pretty useless in many cases.

Yeah it is, Jaap. My left eye isn't what it used to be. The split focus "is" good, unfortunately, not made for the 5d2.. so that means tripod and live view. :(

For a lot of crazy folks here, the best reason to purchase the Leica T is because they want one. :D

Many people why buy a Montblanc limited edition fountain pen don't write well. In fact they don't even ink them, so as to keep it in pristine condition. I sure hope they buy lots of Leica Ts in different metals and limited edition body art. Sure will make Leica do very well in both the white and grey markets.

Edited by rramesh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There has been a lot of postings that the Leica T is over priced because other mirrorless cameras has same sensor or better ( Sony ) , faster lenses ( Fuji X ), no image stabilization, no built in EVF and some say the system is 3 years behind everybody else in the industry.

For me the best reason to purchase the Leica T is because of Leica lenses.

The T lenses are better optics/ build quality than the competition. Leica M lenses will perform better on the Leica T than on Sony Nex cameras, Fuji X and others because Leicas M adaptor has sensor to read 6 bit coding on M lenses as well as Leica took into account with design of sensor topping that Leica M lenses would also be used.

In summary best reason to purchase the Leica T is the same as Leica M system or Leica S system - the quality of Leica lenses

Dan

The best reason one would buy in the T system is for some simple tangible reasons like the following:

1. Compact very well build system with exchangeable lenses (here you have trust that leica will eventually expand the system). Saying this, I don't believe it will ever reach the M lenses collection

2. Sturdy one block eco friendly construction with a very nice modern design and curves

3. Revolutionary operating software with th swipes a la smartphone

That's about it...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
I am wondering why seemingly no one is interested in the ease of use of a camera. The T offers a very cleaned up user interface with a lot less buttons and "selling features" (= features that let your product look good on paper compared to your competition, but in fact are unimportant for real world usage).

I realize myself when switching from the M9 to my panasonic GX7 - lots of clutter, accidently pressed buttons, overwhelming menus filled up with stuff i do not really need. This gets in my way when taking pictures.

For me, i have a M9, there is no need for an T. But anyone who wants good quality with an clutter free, very easy to use camera (and does not need to read a manual as heavy as a bible) - the T would be my first Suggestion. The interface of the T seems to help taking pictures, not beeing a constant annoyance as so many other models do. I actually don't know any other camera of the digital age that seems to be that easy to use.

I am interested in ease of use! Simplicity, performance, size, and service are most important to me.

I am delighted that Leica is carrying their design philosophy forward as they add technology in this new system. Often their marketing messages are taken to be hype. On the contrary; they apparently are quite serious when they say their design goal is "less is more." For me, this makes Leica a unique competitor. Their job is to retain focus on the essence of photography and my job is to figure out how to afford more of their products including this Leica T.

Regards,

John

• Like 3

I am ordering a T outfit because, as I approach my ninetieth year, I find even a modest M outfit (Three lenses) too much to carry around. I've started carrying a C line which is surprisingly good and has an effective Wi-Fi. But the T looks just right for me.

Alwyn

• Like 8

I am ordering a T outfit because, as I approach my ninetieth year, I find even a modest M outfit (Three lenses) too much to carry around. I've started carrying a C line which is surprisingly good and has an effective Wi-Fi. But the T looks just right for me.

Alwyn

I think this is the best reason of all if the T is to become your only system camera. For me it does not make sense to have a parallel camera system to a working M system. That is a personal choice.

• Like 3

Alwyn

I hope you have many years of enjoyment Alwyn.

John

• Like 5

It Looks cool and people will stop you and tell you what a cool camera it is. ;-) ;-) ;-).

HI Richard

the weird thing is that, having carried the camera around for 6 months, being terrified all the time that someone would notice it . . . nobody did. go figure.

The best reason to buy it is that it's a minimalist shooting experience, a satisfying and beautifully designed and made piece of equipment . . . . which takes great photos.

• Like 4

I didn't...however, I don't know you, rsh. It's easy to misunderstand on an Internet forum - especially when it comes to cameras where some people get awfully hot under the collar.;)

It is a pretty cool looking camera, as is my Fuji X100,:D

Not in American English. I saw Buffett las week at Chastain Park in Atlanta. The parrot heads were out in force and fun was had by all!!!

Edited by rsh
  • Like 2