Sign in to follow this  
carcam

Which lens for the wide end on the T?

Has anyone tried the CV 15 on the T?

While waiting for my T delivery, I'm wondering about a wide angle lens until the wide zoom comes out later. I loved the CV 15 on the M9 and I plan to use the sweet little M 90/4 macro for the long end.

I realize the CV 15 would be a 22 fov equivalent and not be autofocus but I would like something wider than the available zoom. Thoughts?

You liked the CV15 on the M9? I thought it was a vignetting horror. Best chance of a wide angle on the T is the WATE.

Stopped down, vignetting wasn't a problem. It's so small, light and inexpensive, especially compared to the WATE- different league of course.

I like CV15 on M9 too. LR5's flat field correction takes care beautifully and easily. Only problem is more grains in the corner but overall I love it.

I too am interested in knowing how it performs on T. On my NEX-6 it performs good below f8.

The CV12 performs very nicely indeed on the M, given the right profile. Might well be a decent UW on the T at about 18mm equivalent.

Tried the CV 15 on the M9. Vignetting is not so much of a problem but banding is. However this didn't happen with the M8 because it cropped before the banding occurred. As the T has a slightly smaller sensor than the M8 I trust that the CV 15 shouldn't give any problem but I'm as much as curious to see how it actually performs.

Cheers,

Bruno