A few shots from lunch break...

Thanks for these and for your initial reactions. I'm glad you're enjoying your T time.;)

I hope you'll continue your impressions as you get to know your camera better. Also be sure to add some photos to the sticky thread above, when you have a chance.

If what you posted is just jpg straight ooc barring the cropping I must say that compatibly with the reduced size for the sake of uploading the results are first class.

Yeh images seem really clean to me...this is the B&W high contrast mode.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yeh images seem really clean to me...this is the B&W high contrast mode.

Ah, that's just what I asked you over on Flickr. So this is an in camera conversion using one of their modes - it looks very good to me.

Looking at the DNG of the one shot at f/2, with the lunch carts, I see quite a lot of green discoloration in the OOF shadows due to longitudinal chromatic aberration. I hope this aberration of the 23mm/2 gets better at smaller apertures, lenses usually do. The Zeiss 100mm/2 Makro has a similar level of LOCA wide open, but improves on stopping down.

Another shot from after work.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Looking at the DNG of the one shot at f/2, with the lunch carts, I see quite a lot of green discoloration in the OOF shadows due to longitudinal chromatic aberration. I hope this aberration of the 23mm/2 gets better at smaller apertures, lenses usually do. The Zeiss 100mm/2 Makro has a similar level of LOCA wide open, but improves on stopping down.

In the same DNG there's also magenta CA around the nose of the lady in the forefront, which is quite pronounced. I think I saw similar effects with the Noctilux 0.95.

So far I have the strong impression that the camera does herself an excellent work on jpegs by removing aberrations. In the DNG files there's more detail to carve out, but it also implies a lot more work to do to clean the file.

Cheers,

Bruno

• Like 1

I'm finding that I'm not able to get as good images in Lightroom as the camera produces in JPG. But presumably there's two reasons for this: 1. Lightroom does not have a profile for this camera yet, 2. I have been told my firmware is not yet final.

• Like 3

I'm finding that I'm not able to get as good images in Lightroom as the camera produces in JPG. But presumably there's two reasons for this: 1. Lightroom does not have a profile for this camera yet, 2. I have been told my firmware is not yet final.

I had the very same impression processing with Rawtherapee (I'm a Linux user) the DNGs you kindly shared. Therefore I believe that the difficulty to tweak the DNGs be actually software agnostic and that Leica engineers did an excellent job with the jpeg correction algorithms.

This seems to be a camera for the advanced user who doesn't want to spend time tweaking the files.

Cheers,

Bruno

Just noticed something. I have a tiny ding (dent) above the Leica logo that I must have caused during today. S'pose I could cry about it, but then I got this camera to use it. (Still haven't taken off the screen protector though, building up to it!!)

Just noticed something. I have a tiny ding (dent) above the Leica logo that I must have caused during today. S'pose I could cry about it, but then I got this camera to use it. (Still haven't taken off the screen protector though, building up to it!!)

I'm amazed

I've got an empty body here, and the bit above the logo is really substantial and thick, amazing to think you could ding it . . .perhaps it was like that when you got it?

maybe you should wait until May 25th and then suggest a replacement :)

all the best

It's extremely sexy, but it's always bare aluminum alloy, so unless there's some surface hardening treatment or wear resistant coating I fear it's inevitably vulnerable to scratches and dents.

Best thing you might do would be buying some kinky lingerie like T snap & flap or keep it in an everready case. Maybe the neoprene one originally thought for the M series might fit.

Cheers,

Bruno

It's extremely sexy, but it's always bare aluminum alloy, so unless there's some surface hardening treatment or wear resistant coating

I believe that it is anodised silver or black. Bare aluminium would look scruffy very quickly.

• Like 1