Sign in to follow this  
LeicaTea

A few shots from lunch break...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It doesn't seem to get "scruffy", or scratchy (like a steel watch might) ... it's on par with my Macbook, except it actually feels more solid and harder. I think I probably exaggerated a bit...it's not so much a dent as it is a tiny scratch (which cannot be immediately seen) - could have been caused by knocking it on something? I can see how something like that might happen, doubt I'd even be able to take a pic of it...

They look good to me - nice deep blacks and good whites...with the requisite shades of grey. The shine of that one taxi's chrome is quite nice.

Just took a couple more shots on my way to work - this time I bumped up on the contrast on the B&W high contrast mode. I'm really liking the level of sharp detail (observe the stripes on the mans jacket).

30 April - Liverpool St

These files seem even cleaner than the other jpegs you graciously provided. Did you change any setting? Also I'd be curious to know what are your jpeg settings - size, fine or superfine.

As they are this good it might be tempting to set jpegs at their best - 16MP superfine and use them if one doesn't want to fiddle with the DNGs.

Cheers,

Bruno

From today:

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i.imgur.com/Li1Vt7u.jpg&key=2fdca380aeb2ec97ae1ddcbd7e4fd2c0c0c314966e22b8a072b32e5513fdb1c5">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i.imgur.com/jeNzKl1.jpg&key=85b0d89c766f91e494362eb81fc4354335357be239efd71835a78de32b5e7aff">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i.imgur.com/qbBmGI7.jpg&key=5a76062d51865d72c04b56f0bb30975ae34a024926d0fe10f51395207845359a">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i.imgur.com/ebI3FUs.jpg&key=d2e28a3ec0b1193b71334d661ee530d3702b4bd6261ad92583fe11078c170e7d">

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Got a kick out of your first - the framed image threw me for a minute.

Colors look good - am assuming these are straight out of the camera pretty much?

By the way, thanks for continuing to feed "the hungry" here with your photos.

P.S. How are you enjoying the whole T experience with the touchscreen and the lenses? I can't remember if you bought the EVF or not... It would be interesting to hear about your reactions to the camera as a whole. My guess is that it will lend itself to plenty of use both with and without the EVF...especially if you've done much work with an LCD before.

Edited by BB W
P.S.

Yup, these are OOC ... only thing I did was add additional sharpening for the web, and a tiny bit of cropping (still getting used to using a viewfinder, but I'm getting better already). Mode on the camera is "Vivid" with the contrast setting bumped up

EDIT: On how I like it - I really like using it. Always been quite skeptical about touch screens on cameras, but it's seamless to use. As far as the overall experience goes, this camera is obviously designed to just stay out of the way.

People also seem to feel less threatened by it which is good for street. I've had some comments before that people thought it was a film camera...I think most the reason for that is we're mostly accepted of the fact that everything new is made out of plastic. (And while I'm sure most won't care about this sort of thing, lots of comments that people really like the look of it!)

I do have some small criticisms though - I'd like to be able to turn the LCD off and keep the EVF on. There's a natural lag between putting the EVF up to my eye and it switching on, which can be problematic. Additionally, I'd like to be able to turn off auto image preview so I can stay focused on subject while snapping away.

Edited by LeicaTea

Thanks for adding how you're finding the experience of using it. I've read those complaints before and really want to believe that these few things will be dealt with soon with a firmware update. They seem pretty straightforward, and my guess is that 99% of the people who buy one of these Ts will feel the same way you do.

Keep up the reporting!

If those things could be improved, it would be perfect. Criticisms of this camera seem to be of an extremely technical nature so far. I've wanted a camera which is built really well, and doesn't have all sorts of cheesy functionality that I'd never touch.

The Leica T is exactly that. The straight-forwardness and build quality is what you pay for, IMO. If you're like me, you like to possess things that resonate with you. I appreciate good design, form, function, customer support, reputation, history - many things that you'll not necessarily find on a spec sheet.

Other manufacturers cannot afford to focus on form and function the way Leica is. They're competing on price, and specs. Leica is like Apple - they're playing by different rules entirely. I don't think people quite appreciate how important it is that there's a company in this industry that's willing to do that.

Some shots from today.