Survey: Would you buy the new Leica T?

Would you buy the new Leica T?  

649 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the new Leica T?

• Perfect camera for me, where can I buy?
    • Would like one but too expensive.
    • Let's wait and see how good the quality is.
    • No, I don't like design and touch display.
    • No, other cameras have better specs for less money
    • I am not interested in the Leica T.

You've got to be kidding

I reckon after a week of use it's not worth more then £200

Disposable ...

That's a true sign of luxury - you can spend a fortune AND burn it :-)

• Like 1

Whatever the case is with LV, I reckon that if you bought that bag today along with any new digital camera, in 10 years the bag will have retained a greater percentage of its original cost. Barring a complete reversal in the paradigm of digital camera manufacture of course.

Whatever the case is with LV, I reckon that if you bought that bag today along with any new digital camera, in 10 years the bag will have retained a greater percentage of its original cost. Barring a complete reversal in the paradigm of digital camera manufacture of course.

IMHO 100% the other way round

the bag won't be worth £10, the camera will have definite value

e.g. the Canon 5D was introduced 2002 and they are still around £500 second hand ....

most punters would rather pay £20 for a pristine LV fake then £10 for a dirty manky old bag ...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not sure what a punter is, but around these parts, pre-owned LV bags (speaking mostly of womens' purses, but some luggage also) sell--briskly--for 75%-80% of their original cost.

And holy cow, I guess I should sell my 5D's over on your side of the pond! Here I'd be lucky to get $500US.

I'd get a lot more pictures out of the camera.

The deal-breaker for me is that one cannot black-out the LCD unless they put their eye up to the EVF. There would be numerous times when I simply would want to push a button and turn off the screen; i.e. in a play, movie theater, night club --- where the lit up LCD would be annoying to other people. Perhaps in a firmware upgrade there will be a touch icon to turn off the screen and the evf would be the default.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to change my mind. The T is far too nice a camera to lead a shadow existence as an understudy for the M240 on long trips and nothing else. I happened to run into a nice used NEX-7 for a very good price today and that will be the one sitting on the bench ;)

Edited by jaapv

• 3 weeks later...

Based on this survey, it's not a camera most people on this forum will run out the door to purchase. It's a very attractive piece of equipment, making something of a fasion statement, but not a seriuous enough tool for the price tag. After reading the online reviews, it's not a camera I would want, even at a cheaper price.

I think Leica should take it back to the drawing board and beef it up.

• Like 1

People have seen beyond/below the beautiful exterior and realised it's actually not that great compared with the competition from Sony and Fuji, and actually lower spec in many areas. When you factor in these apparent software shortfalls and suggested unreliability issues, and realise that if Leica can be bothered they "might" address them in a year or so, then it's not such an attractive camera any more. I'd be surprised if it is still selling at anything like the rate they anticipated/hoped for. I'm sure pre orders were high but after independent reviews and not the best reviews of accessories too, I think it's fallen rather flat. It's an "ok" ordinary camera, for a hugely inflated price. That suits some people so fair play, but I think both Leica and it's band of supporters were hoping for something just that little bit special, and it's not materialised.

I can only remember myself getting a headache from Olympus and Sony menus. Absolutely a pain in the you know where...

Takes all the joy out of my photography.

I'd love to have a go at the Leica T for a day to see what it's menu is like. But even if I like it, at 2400 for the body and a zoom lens, I still find it a bit too much.

Guest badbob
Long-term, a Louis Vuiton bag will hold its value far better than any digital camera though.

I have a few. If you rarely use them and don't bump into anything, they'll look good for a long time. Resale value? I can't imagine it would be good, since there are so many clones online for a fraction of the price.

Guest badbob
Yes it does: AF!:D John

More than that! The ability to carry one camera and lens that goes 27 to 84 mm (135 eff.) is worlds faster in getting images than any camera where you have to stop and swap.