Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

pink tulip

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is also from the weekend, that calm rainy day in our Botanical Garden. It was drizzling and a faint thunder runmbling could be heard. Looking for some inspiration I found this single tulip.

Canon 5D MKII on tripod, Olympus OMD EM5 handheld

Olympus OMD EM5 with Elmarit R 60 mm macro

Canon 5D MKII with Elmarit R 180 mm

Iduna,

A fine pair. I like the first picture much more with the more complementary background. The tulip looks so soft and delicate with the pleasant colors of the background. The second picture is good but I think the yellow in the background tends to disturb the beauty of the flower because it doesn't complement it as well.

Paul

I very much enjoy both of them! The sun shaped yellow circle makes the shot for me in the second one; but I wish the tulip was closer!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Paul,

yes, you are right about the second one. Since there were the rumbling of a distant thunderstorm in the background my association of the yellow with replacing the sun could be worthwhile an attempt. But from the aspect of color match you are right. Thanks for looking into this matter and for your support.

Louis,

you recognized my intention to introduce the yellow as a fake sun. There was a thunderstrom menacing in the backround and there was no sun to be seen that day. That was also the reason not change lenses. With a 180 mm lens there is not much DOF, in this case, shoot or hurry to the next shelter from heavy down pour.

Hank,

many thanks for your time and your choice in this series.

Hello Iduna.

What an exquisite set of these gorgeous tulips.Expertly photographed.I alway like the output of this Elmarit macro Leica Lens .It produces such delicate colours.Greetings John Basso.

John,

thank you very much for your support. The Elmarit lenses are really good. Perhaps I will look for an 100 mm macro as well one day.