Sign in to follow this  
StephenPatterson

No focus peaking???

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Like I said. I am surely exaggerated some points.

But I stand by my point that I do not have to let you call me or other people here a psych...

Well excuse me for thinking it was a joke.

Where did I call anyone a psych...? (Whatever that is.) I said that one needs to be a psychologist to understand what is going on with some of these comments.. And I stand by that. Some posts have an undercurrent based on brand ownership, identification, loyalty, etc. I can surely identify that but don't quite understand what is going on since I am not a psychologist. Even your post referenced how some people behave and mocked it at the same time. Read it over again. What is going on with you saying that?

BTW one doesn't have to have anything "crazy" about them for their motivations to require a psychologist's explanation for me to understand them. I simply don't understand the motivations and connections for cameras that you describe. Perhaps you can enlighten me. It is mostly a satisfaction of ownership of some sort? Remember you brought this subject up. I was content to just discus features and price.

And in your post you were not clear that there was anything serious in it and the line between the serious and the joke eluded me. Well surely I need a psychologist even if you don't.

Edited by AlanG

Trolling, thinly veiled sarcastic and insulting comment are not welcome on this forum, along with member insulting. Disagreement is always permitted but rubbishing another members belief or point of view or behaviour is not welcome.

Reports have been received and are being watched. Please self moderate to save outside intervention.

You know exactly that I am surely was not talking about "camera fondling"...

Do you not see the blue smiley face? I am making a joke about it.... as in lay on the couch and tell me when did you realize you hated your father. This is a typical joke about therapists. Not aimed at you.

So what features of the T will have the most weight in your purchase decision?

Edited by AlanG

Trolling, thinly veiled sarcastic and insulting comment are not welcome on this forum, along with member insulting. Disagreement is always permitted but rubbishing another members belief or point of view or behaviour is not welcome.

Reports have been received and are being watched. Please self moderate to save outside intervention.

No matter what internet forum you are on, no matter the topic or product being discussed, the same thing always happens. One or two people seem to enjoy being annoying just for the sake of being annoying and, yes, make the threads annoying to read for everyone else. Usually it is up to the moderators to reign in this behavior.

I, for one, am quite excited about the release of the T. And as I wait for the couple/several weeks before mine gets delivered I had hoped to come here and read the pros/cons/comments about my new purchase. As one does. The past few days it has become increasingly difficult to find anything of an informative nature in the threads. I hope this changes.

And yes, one can learn a lot about a product by the negative comments about it. And things people wish had been included. I would not want to just read 100% love and praise about anything. That is not useful.

I am not a Leica fanboy. This will be my first Leica purchase. I do not plan to use this camera as jewelry. I know the difference between jpegs and raw files. I shoot in manual mode 99% of the time. And I know this is not a 100% perfect camera. But it suits my needs(wants) and budget at the time. I hope over the next few weeks I can actually learn more about my upcoming purchase here instead of reading the same couple of people making a hundred argumentative posts a day just to be argumentative... That stuff gets old after a very short time.

I'm sorry if this post is out of place. And I do not mean to "feed the trolls" further. I am more of forum reader than a poster. But sometimes they just get hard(annoying) to read...

manufacturers know that the public is easily led into addiction, newer and so called better short life span products feed that psycho addiction...........cameras, phones, fashion cars the list is endless. It is like having a 3 of a kind in poker always looking for that other card:cool:

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Do you not see the blue smiley face? I am making a joke about it.... as in lay on the couch and tell me when did you realize you hated your father. This is a typical joke about therapists. Not aimed at you.

AlanG, Blue smiley faces do not take the sting out of some remarks. Quoting an alleged joke in certain contexts does remove the humour. I recommend you refrain from direct interaction with theboch as this is disruptive to forum harmony.

easy ......................... why use a old brush when you can buy a new one

AlanG, Blue smiley faces do not take the sting out of some remarks. Quoting an alleged joke in certain contexts does remove the humour. I recommend you refrain from direct interaction with theboch as this is disruptive to forum harmony.

Sorry. I won't comment on his posts again and will assume that what he writes is serious unless indicated otherwise.I certainly did not want to see this turn in direction. But, are you ready for this... I have nothing more to say about this camera beyond, I hope all the buyers are happy with it. Got a new girlfriend now and will be busy.

Edited by AlanG

Sorry. I won't comment on his posts again and will assume that what he writes is serious unless indicated otherwise.I certainly did not want to see this turn in direction. But, are you ready for this... I have nothing more to say about this camera beyond, I hope all the buyers are happy with it. Got a new girlfriend now and will be busy.

Congratulations Alan. I sincerely hope you'll be very happy together!

I'm very sorry for letting me drag into an argument with Alan and want to excuse me.

I know it did add even more non-sense posts to this thread.

Usually I'm more self-controlled, but after again and again in every thread about the T reading Alan´s argument about the T being a $500 NEX etc. I just needed to say something.

I just wanted to make clear to him (in a "funny" and exaggerated way) that for a lot of people (including me) there is more in buying a camera than just comparing two spec sheets and the price on paper. I really hoped he would understand that and refrain from further discussing the price of the camera and rubbing it in our faces in every thread that the same "camera" could be purchased for 1/10th of the price...

I think almost everyone if not everybody here on the Leica discussion board is absolutely clear about the fact that Leica is way more expensive than other manufacturers and that on paper they are most of the time cameras which are cheaper and have more features. But we swallow that pill and are here to learn about the products and enlighten each other about our experiences when using them.

This is why posts by Jono Slack for example, which has used the camera a very long period in different scenarios, have a lot of weight for me and are useful for me understanding how the T performs. But knowing that the T sports an "old and outdated" sensor brings nothing to the table...

Got a new girlfriend now and will be busy.
Get some new camera as well and all will be back to normal. Especially if you use the two in conjunction. Long may it last. Edited by jaapv

Perhaps is is about time to close down this thread? Seems to be going nowhere/round in circles. A fresh start is called for?

During my visit to the new factory in Wetzlar, I had he opportunity to see and handle the new T.

I do not regret that I have ordered it.

Had my 50mm Summilux ASPH adapted, focussing seems really easy with the LCD screen.

The Leica employee that was giving the demonstration mentioned that there MIGHT be a future software update that will include focus peaking!

So the issue is not out of the world.

If the processor would be to weak, I assume that Leica would not give such a statement!

The T will be available for sale in the factory store in Wetzlar from 24th onwards.

John

I don't think there is any need to apologise, theboch.

The truth of the matter is that some forum members (me included) have looked at what Jono and others have posted and have decided to give the T a go. In my case, if coincided with my frustration with the A7r and my decision to sell it and get out of the Sony system. I had owned a NEX with microlenses suitable for M lenses, and I gave that to my son. The proceeds of the sale of my A7r will offset the cost of the T nicely.

Now, I can understand Alan looking at the spec sheets and saying the T is over priced. Easy to say on any Leica gear. He can also say that he prefers the greater options provided by his NEX6 camera, and the price. But he went further and criticised the T as a photographic tool, without ever having tried the camera. At that point I lost interest.

I look forward to informative discussions from people who have used the camera - this one isn't.

Now, I can understand Alan looking at the spec sheets and saying the T is over priced. Easy to say on any Leica gear. He can also say that he prefers the greater options provided by his NEX6 camera, and the price. But he went further and criticised the T as a photographic tool, without ever having tried the camera. At that point I lost interest.

Please leave me out of this discussion as I have dropped out and I don't appreciate having my statements characterized this way. Specifically any camera can take good photos and thus works as a photographic tool.

The T is certainly much more limited as a photographic tool than numerous other camera systems in various ways. There is nothing debatable about that fact... only to the extent it will matter to each user. E.g. there are only 2 AF lenses for it now and how many for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, Sigma, Pentax, Samsung, Hasselblad, Phase One, and Panasonic? You don't have to use the camera to understand how that will be a limitation. Nor do you have to use it to know you can't use the EVF and an external flash at the same time. (Using the pop up flash for this is not a solution.) Or you can't plug a monitor into it.

Of course you don't want me to go on enumerating these things because I am just repeating myself ad nauseam. So why keep making the same points if you understand the validity of the arguments against them from all of my previous attempts at objective critiques?

I assume it will be capable of producing photos of the highest technical standard within the limitations of that sensor and its features and lenses. So of course some people will make great photos with it and it will serve as a nice photographic tool for them. Isn't this always the case with any camera?

Edited by AlanG