T/TL/TL2 image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Calm Before the Storm I

T + 23/f2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Best,

Guenter

• Like 6

Calm Before the Storm II

T + 23/f2

Best

Guenter

• Like 4

Rainbows After the Storm

T + 23/f2

Best

Guenter

• Like 8

Sunshine again

T + 23/f2

Best

Guenter

• Like 6

The venerable T, recalled to active duty, with 55-135mm @135mm & f/4.5 . . .

I'd forgotten how much detail this lens is capable of, as the TL2 can't focus it accurately at longer distances.  Images with the 18-56 are noticeably more detailed on the T as well, so much so that I'm sure it's a matter of autofocus rather than megapixels.

• Like 4

T with 55-135mm @135mm & f/4.5 . . . 

• Like 9

Curses the lot of you. I was free of the "T-Bug", sold it in anticipation of the new and improved CL, and making do with my old but trusty X-Vario, and a Sony A7S.

These pictures are not helping, especially the bird-life shots from Singapore, and the latest cruising ones.

From our trip in August/Sept.

All with the 23mm Summicron.

Gary

• Like 7

I wouldn't fret, Gary.  The TL2 is miles ahead of the T - you will recall I sold mine, and the 18-56 zoom, and the Visoflex 020 within a few months as it was just too slow.

I have now (re)purchased into the system.  Black TL2, 11-23 zoom, 35 Summilux-TL and another 020 Visoflex.  It's a vast improvement on what we had before.

As for the CL, the rumours and speculation rather over-hyped this camera to my mind.  The reality is that there is little difference, if any, in performance or anything impacting on image quality.  The refresh rate might be slightly better with the CL (I don't find the 020 troublesome, I'd have to say) and lots of claims about better AF (again, I don't find the AF on the TL2 a problem - I don't particularly like AF anyway).

The core difference is, if you like the X form factor, then you will like the CL.  If you like in camera charging (through the USB) and the TL user interface, then the TL2 is the better option.  I wouldn't rate one camera as better than the other - they're just different.  Same sensor, same processor, same mount.

I must say, I really like the combination of the SL (either with zooms or M lenses) and the TL2 (with the wide zoom).  It's a really nice combination.

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 1

Too old to fret John, LOL, and yes recalled you selling up, saw them listed.

I have had about three separate go's at the T system, the only constant is my X-Vario. But I do enjoy the T, and walking with it in the bag with my R6 or the SL (Leicaflex SL), well it was a nice way to have a digital camera. All I had was the 23mm, and an old CV15 which worked, but wasn't as nice to use as the 23mm. For the 6 weeks in Europe I tried to alternate week about T/X-Vario, but in the end the T seems to hog the limelight. I love the X-Vario, and the zoom makes it a single camera that can do most things. Same I guess though, T/TL2 with the 18-56.

If I get back into the T eco-system, it will either be an old T simply due cost or a TL2, if finances allow.

Gary

• Like 2

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I wouldn't fret, Gary.  The TL2 is miles ahead of the T - you will recall I sold mine, and the 18-56 zoom, and the Visoflex 020 within a few months as it was just too slow.

I have now (re)purchased into the system.  Black TL2, 11-23 zoom, 35 Summilux-TL and another 020 Visoflex.  It's a vast improvement on what we had before.

As for the CL, the rumours and speculation rather over-hyped this camera to my mind.  The reality is that there is little difference, if any, in performance or anything impacting on image quality.  The refresh rate might be slightly better with the CL (I don't find the 020 troublesome, I'd have to say) and lots of claims about better AF (again, I don't find the AF on the TL2 a problem - I don't particularly like AF anyway).

The core difference is, if you like the X form factor, then you will like the CL.  If you like in camera charging (through the USB) and the TL user interface, then the TL2 is the better option.  I wouldn't rate one camera as better than the other - they're just different.  Same sensor, same processor, same mount.

I must say, I really like the combination of the SL (either with zooms or M lenses) and the TL2 (with the wide zoom).  It's a really nice combination.

John 

Thats the combination I have with the TL2 11/23 and 35mm........ive tried M lenses on it (21 SEM, 50 Elmar 2 and Noctilux) but find that the TL lenses work better...........if Leica ever come out with a updated SL then I will get one of those to use with my Noctilux, apt from that I am done buying cameras :)

Neil

(Original) T w Voigtlander 15mm v3

• Like 8

(Original) T w 11-23

• Like 6

TL2 w 90-280 @280 (420mm)

• Like 5

TL2 doggie portrait w 90-280 sl and pp in Color Efex and Analog

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 5

Still Leica T + 18-56

• Like 8

• jaapv changed the title to T/TL/TL2 image thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic