jaapv

Leica T/TL/TL2 - the Image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

@Mara7

Thank you for your kind comments—Cremona is a nice place for photography.

I have no problems with the start-up time of the T, or with its responsiveness in general.

All the shots are hand-held, I rely on Auto ISO to counter camera shake in low light conditions.

Thanks again.

Nice pictures.... LR 5? How did you get the warm nice colors?

Best regards Alexander

QUOTE=jmr;2719328]I took the T and the 23mm Summicron on holiday to Cremona, in northern Italy, last week.

There's an album on my Flickr page with some more shots. Hope you like them.

Cremona with the Leica T

[ATTACH]443207[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]443208[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]443209[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]443210[/ATTACH]

Nice pictures.... LR 5? How did you get the warm nice colors?

I've created a preset in Aperture that I use to give my colour shots the look of Fujifilm Astia, or something close to it, that I find pleasing.

I agree with everyone, John - and as you already know, I love your Fuji Astia style, as well!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've created a preset in Aperture that I use to give my colour shots the look of Fujifilm Astia, or something close to it, that I find pleasing.

So jbg and no RAW?

So jbg and no RAW?

As you know, Aperture doesn't yet support the version of DNG produced by the T, although it will from the Yosemite release of OSX in the Autumn.

Until then I push the RAW files from the camera through Lightroom to produce JPGs which I adjust and store in Aperture. I prefer the JPGs Lightroom produces, even with a simple batch processing setting, to those direct from the camera. When Yosemite comes out I plan to switch over to using Aperture to process the RAW files.

First T-images OOC DNG converted to JPG with a 40mm Summicron-C

Third image is OOC JPG

Congrats on the arrival of your T, satijntje! And thanks for posting your first few shots "sooc", it's always good to see these.

Pretty happy with how this turned out!

I'm using the T with the Summicron 23mm.

Settings for the shot:

Manual Focus

1/400 sec. shutter speed

f/2.0

ISO 100

Taken at 8:05 PM CST. The golden hour!

Comments/Critiques are welcome.

P.S. Bonus for me was realizing my son is in the background struggling to stay on the squirrel ride. Haha.

Edited by joshjagdfeld

Some shots from a recent holiday in the Loire Valley, France, with the T and the 23mm Summicron.

There are more in my Flickr gallery - hope you like them.

Loire Valley with the Leica T

Josh and John - thank you both very much for keeping this thread going. Loved the "squirrel ride" observation.

And I urge everyone to take a look at John's Flickr set because he has some wonderful images. While there seem to be some who don't quite achieve what they'd like with this camera, there clearly are those who do so beautifully. Looking forward to more!

Josh and John - thank you both very much for keeping this thread going. Loved the "squirrel ride" observation. And I urge everyone to take a look at John's Flickr set because he has some wonderful images. While there seem to be some who don't quite achieve what they'd like with this camera, there clearly are those who do so beautifully. Looking forward to more!

John's images are some of the best I've seen from many photographers on any medium in some time. Such tasteful use of exposure, respect to color, and wonderful composition. Kudos to a great talent, John!

Great shots John! Lots of inspiration to find in your flickr gallery. I like how well exposed your images are. I discovered that the RAW files from the T are a tad overexposed (even on v1.1).

I brought my Leica T and Summicron 35mm f/2 for a trip to the cabin this weekend. I also made an Exposure-story with more images from the T: A trip to the cabin by Kristian Pletten

An office building in Mumbai

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/u5a7ege3.jpg&key=9221b0c9cb67f1fdb313cc43cf1783eba06b80dc9127a883e112b8f468cb4673">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/vepanube.jpg&key=0e43fdc77c14545b63fb96257ba8ecb29c2511a80836fb4c682e9055f1aa35f7">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/e4ytevy2.jpg&key=945afd99099cac8da184c7935c8ab578b2fb368158421972e4cb78a9a7f674f6">

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/25/6usunema.jpg&key=ddbbc1a8b31a41a285472ecd146c25f674a4b0a60408d7beef17be55e980d994">

- Vikas

Kristian, you and your "wolfpack" clearly had a wonderful adventure in an exceptionally beautiful place. Thanks so much for posting your photos here, as well as including a link to your story. I really enjoyed looking at your photos, as well as reading the storyline!

Vikas, thanks to you also - this group thread is great because not only do we get to see people's first impressions with this new camera, but we also have the opportunity to see such different parts of the world, as we all have different walks of life.

I know I'm not alone in appreciating everyone's photographs.

Kristian,

You obviously had an excellent adventure, and have excellent pictures to show for it.

Thanks for the story and all the delightful, fresh images.