jaapv

Leica T/TL/TL2 - the Image thread

It seems that a) the lens is not as good as Leica seemed to promote and

there are problems with the PP profiles for LR and ID. Here is a link to the original two files so you can check for yourself.

how do you rate the zoom lens vs the x-vario ?

rgds

I honestly couldn't give a real assessment. I preferred the operation and look of the lens with its internal zoom feature and macro capability but I can't tell optically whether it was better or worse. I think they re very close but maybe the XV lens is better. I have seen no MTF charts for the new zoom but I have seen the chart for the XV lens and it is very good.

For those of you that like sunset pictures, here is one taken last August with the XV for comparison to the T pictures. That is Catalina Island on the horizon and this was taken at San Clemente Beach, CA.

Thank you for these first few test shots. I'm looking forward to more photos, as well as reading what you think about the camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you for these first few test shots. I'm looking forward to more photos, as well as reading what you think about the camera.

Thank you. I'm still working on having the time to take the T and my set of lenses on to a hiking trip in the swiss mountains ...

But too busy currently...

For those of you who have not seen my post in DPreview, the picture below and a few others are also at Vikas M Gore | 20140614 Marina Bay Singapore

The camera was on Auto ISO limited to 3200 and all these image went to the maximum limit. Some processing in Lightroom such as increase in exposure of a stop or so and luminance noise reduction of 15 to 20.

- Vikas

...with a little more processing in LR 5

regards, Holger

Last afternoon on the way back to the office. More at Vikas M Gore | Esplanade Singapore

- Vikas

I took the T and the 23mm Summicron on holiday to Cremona, in northern Italy, last week.

There's an album on my Flickr page with some more shots. Hope you like them.

Cremona with the Leica T

I took the T and the 23mm Summicron on holiday to Cremona, in northern Italy, last week.

There's an album on my Flickr page with some more shots. Hope you like them.

Cremona with the Leica T

Really really nice pictures!

Thank you very much.

I've decided to experiment with a number of M lenses to get a feel for what is possible. I'm starting with the LTM Summitar 50/2 from 1948 - a very nice if heavy, compact combination which actually does fit into a jacket pocket with the lens retracted.

ISO 1600 f/2.8 @ 1/50 (not very well processed in Aperture)

@JMR

Hi John,

Your Italian journey is an absolute pleasure to watch! By far best pictures I have seen with the Leica-T!

They are so high in details that I feel to be just in Cremona myself in that very moment. I'm deeply impressed. Even you show that it is absolut possible to do street-photografy with the T, how satisfied are you with the start-up time, lag?

Did you shot all pics handheld or some indoor also with tripod?

a nice midsummer to all!

/Mara7