jaapv

Leica T/TL/TL2 - the Image thread

Posted (edited)

Sallie B. clearing her throat after a long time in the hangar, and ready for take-off at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford. In all the years I've been going here I've never seen her (B17 Flying Fortress, aka the 'Memphis Belle') flying. A spectacular and noisy start up sequence (those radial engines don't like being left unused - the oil drains to the bottom cylinder). Yes, I've overprocessed it in SilverEfex but I don't care!
Followed by a shot of a future pilot.

Both taken with the TL2 and 18mm

Edited by LocalHero1953

On 8/4/2019 at 8:04 PM, RickP said:

It has been real hot for a while and I have not taken the camera out very much.  I made it all the way to the back deck for this one.

'Bee on Scallion Blossom'

TL2 18-56    100% crop!

Nice.  What qualifies as 'real hot' in Maine :-)?

Here are a few from today.  TL2 18-56

The sail Vessel 'Corwith Cramer' in dry dock - South end of Rockland next to what used to be the Hurricane Island office.

The SSV Corwith Cramer is one of two tall ship research vessels operated by Sea Education Association, an internationally recognized leader in ocean education. Throughout the year, the ship hosts semester and summer voyages throughout the Atlantic Ocean, including ports of call in Bermuda and the Caribbean islands .

I have had this TL2 for a few years now.  I can count on it to get the photo I want.  The 18-56 Leica Zoom always amazes me.

Here are 2 versions of a Sunflower blossom taken with the 18-56 at ISO 400.

This first one ..  a slight crop.

On 8/23/2019 at 6:35 PM, RickP said:

Same photo as above, but 100% crop.  The 18-56 lens is not just good...  it is very, very good!

The photographer's no too bad either, which is the main ingredient in this mix 🙂

4 hours ago, vikasmg said:

The photographer's no too bad either, which is the main ingredient in this mix 🙂

+ 1