jaapv

Leica T/TL/TL2 - the Image thread

Today I went to the National Trust property at Dunham Massey in Cheshire. It's sort of been converted back into The Stamford Military Hospital in commemoration of its use as that in The Great War.

It was excellent—moving and humbling.

I took some pictures with the Leica T and the 23mm Summicron while I was there. I hope you like them.

Stamford Military Hospital at Dunham Massey

John, thank you for the link and for the description of where you were. I saw just a few last night and that "operating room" scene made me wonder!

Looks as though you were able to use the camera in a variety of somewhat extreme lighting situations. How did you feel about using the T during this visit?

Looks as though you were able to use the camera in a variety of somewhat extreme lighting situations. How did you feel about using the T during this visit?

The T performed well, was unobtrusive and was easy to use. I shot in aperture priority with the ISO set to automatic, so I generally didn't have to use the menu, just the two rear dials for aperture and EV compensation. I did though have to adjust the white balance for one of the shots, but that was straightforward, right there on the touchscreen.

More generally, I find that the T doesn't get in the way of taking the picture, it's easy to concentrate on the shot, and the fundamental creative settings, without any distractions from the camera.

Taking pictures with the T is an enjoyable experience, for me. Hopefully one which others on the forum will be able to experience for themselves soon.

Thanks John - and I'm glad to read that

More generally, I find that the T doesn't get in the way of taking the picture, it's easy to concentrate on the shot, and the fundamental creative settings, without any distractions from the camera.

Today I went to the National Trust property at Dunham Massey in Cheshire. It's sort of been converted back into The Stamford Military Hospital in commemoration of its use as that in The Great War.

It was excellent—moving and humbling.

Excellent John - so many good photos

Another from Dunham Massey.

23mm at f/5.6 processed through Aperture to get a high contrast, grainy look.

A higher res version is, as usual, on my Flickr site

Edited by jmr
mention higher res version

Went to The Imperial War Museum North today.

The exhibition on The Great War, and how it affected those left behind as well as those who went to war, was involving and insightful.

Unfortunately there was no photography allowed in the exhibition itself, but it was permitted throughout the rest of the museum.

Leica T 23mm Summicron at f/8

I've put a few more pictures here on my Flickr site.

That looks to be a very interesting museum - and I think this photo you posted here is a real beauty. Love the clouds, the depth of the sky, as well as the reflections off the roof and its lines...and the way you caught the light playing off the water.

Very nice choice to go with B&W.

Okay - I'm in

Captions Please

The winner and loser of the first round of Desert Strip-Wrestling look on as the second round match-up begins.

Another from Dunham Massey.

[ATTACH]435667[/ATTACH]

23mm at f/5.6 processed through Aperture to get a high contrast, grainy look.

A higher res version is, as usual, on my Flickr site

So does Apple Aperture properly support the T's raw files? I was concerned that the corrections wouldn't be applied correctly.

Since I can't edit my post about your latest photo, John, I want to urge people to click on your hyperlink to see the photo on Flickr because all of your photos look much nicer on Flickr's website. And this one in particular glows over there!

So does Apple Aperture properly support the T's raw files? I was concerned that the corrections wouldn't be applied correctly.

James,

Aperture does not support the DNG raw file from the Leica T at all — yet. So I push them through Lightroom, with the same basic set of adjustments applied to each file, to create JPGs which I then import into Aperture for further processing. Sounds complicated I know, but it's just one extra step and it creates better JPGs than those direct from the camera, in my opinion.

When Apple get things together I'll simply switch the files over to using the DNGs as the masters in Aperture.

Edited by jmr

[ATTACH]434192[/ATTACH]

Josephine thought her luck was in when Giles invited her for a spot of 'rough and tumble in the dunes'. Now she wishes she'd left her clothes on!

Thank you Steve. That's perfect!

Edited by jonoslack