Who Already Has one?

I'd like to know which other 'T' prime lenses are due to be launched. I guess a macro is inevitable and if so it will be very expensive.

There will be additional primes including a macro eventually; I cannot say anything about the price tag, though – I just don’t know.

• Like 2

They had one in stock -- available to purchase -- at each of the Leica stores in London when I visited on Saturday 26th. I could have walked out with one in my hands if I had waved the plastic around. Doubt they will still be there but you could always call.

They had one in stock -- available to purchase -- at each of the Leica stores in London when I visited on Saturday 26th. I could have walked out with one in my hands if I had waved the plastic around. Doubt they will still be there but you could always call.

Hi Robert

I don't think there will be anymore until the ship date of 25th May (of course, I could be wrong). A few lucky people managed to get in a month early.

I have one :) Picked it up with the 23mm and EVF in London Burlington Arcade on Sat. Was just walking by...saw it being demoed in store, and they mentioned they had one of two left for sale. So I took it right before closing time.

Not had much of a chance to play with it yet! Glad there's another bank holiday coming up! But yes...seems very few have on at this moment in time. Just got lucky.

VFk6AGi.jpg

EDIT: Wonder when they will make it available as an option to register it on the website...

EDIT2: Oh, and firmware 1.0.

Edited by LeicaTea
  • Like 2

I have one :) Picked it up with the 23mm and EVF in London Burlington Arcade on Sat. Was just walking by...saw it being demoed in store, and they mentioned they had one of two left for sale. So I took it right before closing time.

Not had much of a chance to play with it yet! Glad there's another bank holiday coming up! But yes...seems very few have on at this moment in time. Just got lucky.

VFk6AGi.jpg

EDIT: Wonder when they will make it available as an option to register it on the website...

EDIT2: Oh, and firmware 1.0.

Hi There

Congratulations

Edit: May 25th

Edit2: I've sent you a PM

:)

• Like 1

I guess that I am the latest one to admit to having the new T.

The camera was announced on the 24th April at 2.00 pm London time and I brought the Camera Body, the Zoom Lens and the EVF from Red Dot Camera at 4.45 pm on the same day. Red Dot was surprised as I was that the camera and lens was available on launch day. I do not live in London and so the kit was couriered to me arriving late yesterday.

Initial impressions are of a very solidly built machine that instantly inspires confidence. The finish is as good as it gets. The EVF fit and the lens to the body fit is excellent [there is no play as I saw suggested in one posting].

Being used to Leica M the user interface is a whole new world and takes some getting used to – but the change to individual settings is easy to accomplish and fast.

The EVF once you get used to it is easy to read and there is some improvement when compared to the EVF 2 for the M240. I wear spectacles and I can see the whole screen.

For me and it is a personal thing, the strap which seems to be made of a rubber like material, cannot be shortened nor made longer and will take time for me to get used to it, its change and I liked the previous strap types, but in time I am sure we will all learn to love the new strap.

I would like to say a big thank you to Jono Slack for his advice in the firmware.

All that remains is to find a little time to play with the camera and take a few pictures.

David

• Like 4

David -

Congratulations. I assume you had to buy the strap separately, or did it come with the body?

Strap comes with the body :) It's a complete package (especially with the 16GB internal!) The strap is a thick rubber, too - very hardy, would take a very very good beating. I can see this camera being used in a war zone.

• Like 4

Hi David,

What would be the maximum aperture of the zoom at 35mm and 50mm? Thank you.

Not sure exactly how to answer your question but using the following measurements may help.

Setting the camera in aperture priority mode and reading the data in the rear viewing screen the following data can be seen at the various settings marked on the lens.

Setting the zoom lens at 18 mm - roughly 28 mm - equivalent the largest aperture is F 3.5

Setting the zoom lens at 24 mm - roughly 35 mm - equivalent the largest aperture is F4

Setting the zoom lens at 35 mm - roughly 52.5 mm equivalent - the largest aperture is F5

Setting the zoom lens at 56 mm - roughly 84 mm equivalent - the largest aperture is F5.6

David

• Like 5