Where are you pre-ordering from?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As in, do you think it will make a difference if I pre-order from the Leica Store Miami, or B&H, or any other online place, and have a chance of getting one relatively close to launch?

I do not live anywhere near a Leica store or authorized seller so in person in not an option. I always like the idea of B&H's bonus points(or whatever they call them). But maybe the Miami store might have better launch stock? I know nobody knows for sure. But maybe some thoughts?

Where did you order yours from?

The thing to do is to build up a proper business relationship with one or two good dealers. That way you can be assured that you will be treated well.

In theory I understand that, but one does not really need a "relationship" with B&H(for instance) in order to click "add to cart" and fill in the payment details.

And I wish I could build up a good business relationship from a store, but unfortunately I'll never be able to buy enough Leica equipment for one place to remember me! :eek: A T and a lens, plus any accessories, will be a major purchase for me and will be all I buy for quite awhile.

The online pre-ordering seems so easy. Maybe too easy? I thought maybe one of the online places would be a better place than the other is what I meant by my question.

The online pre-ordering seems so easy. Maybe too easy? I thought maybe one of the online places would be a better place than the other is what I meant by my question.

There is no magic answer. Its going to be a combination of luck and how early you placed your order. If you want one as early as possible, the key is ordering asap. Hopefully Leica will deliver the T in enough quantities that it won't really matter.

As in, do you think it will make a difference if I pre-order from the Leica Store Miami, or B&H, or any other online place, and have a chance of getting one relatively close to launch?

I do not live anywhere near a Leica store or authorized seller so in person in not an option. I always like the idea of B&H's bonus points(or whatever they call them). But maybe the Miami store might have better launch stock? I know nobody knows for sure. But maybe some thoughts?

Where did you order yours from?

Steven,

Perhaps I'm a just a wee[/i ]bit biased here, but I'd obviously prefer that you pre-order from Leica Store Miami. ;)

You can pre-order risk-free. No deposit or pre-payment is necessary and you can cancel at any time. Even if this is the only Leica purchase you make from us for the next few years, you would still be a valued customer. We are always extremely grateful when a customer rewards us with his or her loyalty, but we also understand reciprocity. We cannot expect loyalty unless we are loyal to our customers and treat each and every one of them with respect, give them the best possible service and offer the most expert and honest advice.

Honestly, we don't have any kind of exact numbers with regards to initial deliveries. As one of four Leica Stores in the USA, our hope is that we receive good initial quantities. We fill our waiting lists in date order and will, of course, do our best to make the process as smooth and quick as possible.

Steven,

Perhaps I'm a just a wee[/i ]bit biased here, but I'd obviously prefer that you pre-order from Leica Store Miami. ;)

You can pre-order risk-free. No deposit or pre-payment is necessary and you can cancel at any time. Even if this is the only Leica purchase you make from us for the next few years, you would still be a valued customer. We are always extremely grateful when a customer rewards us with his or her loyalty, but we also understand reciprocity. We cannot expect loyalty unless we are loyal to our customers and treat each and every one of them with respect, give them the best possible service and offer the most expert and honest advice.

Honestly, we don't have any kind of exact numbers with regards to initial deliveries. As one of four Leica Stores in the USA, our hope is that we receive good initial quantities. We fill our waiting lists in date order and will, of course, do our best to make the process as smooth and quick as possible.

I appreciate the response. I was going to send you a PM, but your inbox is full. :) So I will publicly say I visited your store last summer. Didn't but a thing (except a tshirt you were selling) and was treated with the best customer service as if I had just bought an M and several lenses. I shouldn't even have asked the question here. I'll be pre-ordering with you as soon as I make up my mind which of the lenses I want. I'll give myself until tomorrow. Thank you!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can assure you that David Farkas is the way to go.

He calls me when the product is in, and then asks for the credit card, not before..

What other dealer takes the time to write and publish extremely detailed reviews of the equipment? I know no one at B&H or Amazon, and they don't write such reviews.

I figure we should reward David's good work with our loyalty, especially with your T purchase

And yes, I did pre-order from him..

Just email your questions or interest to either David or Josh josh,at.dalephotoanddigital.com or send him a private message from this site or his RedDot site.

Edited by jaapv
email disabled
  • Like 3

In theory I understand that, but one does not really need a "relationship" with B&H(for instance) in order to click "add to cart" and fill in the payment details.

And I wish I could build up a good business relationship from a store, but unfortunately I'll never be able to buy enough Leica equipment for one place to remember me! :eek: A T and a lens, plus any accessories, will be a major purchase for me and will be all I buy for quite awhile.

That is why I never buy new gear at B&H (for instance). In this case I ordered with Henny Hoogeveen Leica Store in Lisse.

Edited by jaapv
  • Like 1

Steven,

Hi David

tried to pm you but your mailbox full and emailed your info address for leicamiamistore

thanks

Dan