Who ordered?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Weakly profitable.

The results for the year 2013/14 are poor: see slide 17

Sony Global - FY13 Consolidated Financial Results

with a ratio operating income/sales = 3.55 %

I was responding to jimmykjimmy who posted that he sold out of his Sony system because they were running at a loss. The camera division is not losing money. Sony have invested heavily in R&D (in imaging) and it's surprising that they've made any profit.

Edited by Ozkar

It is a weird reason to get out of a camera system in any case. Leica ran at a loss for decades and still survived (albeit by the skin of their teeth) and yet their gear remained as desirable as ever.

• Like 4

I've got mine. Body, M adapter, Visoflex and the zoom.

- Vikas

+1

Leica rivals Apple in the extravagance of its packaging. Unboxed it all, repacked the boxes and put them in storage, never to be seen again, I suspect!

Battery charging ...

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Exciting to see more of you taking delivery! I can't wait to see your photos and read your reactions to the camera.

+1

I'm ready to read more of what people think about the camera as they get them in their hands as I wait for mine to get shipped. The anticipation is killing me! :eek:

• Like 2

I've shot a handful of pictures at lunchtime (I might leave the office early, while there's still light, and see if I can do better).

First impressions are that the build quality of the camera is superb, and the user interface intuitive. I haven't read the manual yet ... The camera is very nice in the hands, and with the EVF, easy to use (you do have to be aware of the delay in the image coming on, but once you're used to it it isn't an issue). I've set Auto-Review to 1s and I haven't noticed it, to be honest.

With the Noct (the only M lens I have with me today), normal discipline applies - use the magnification to nail the focus, it's still soft wide open, and take care of high contrast points as you still get purple fringing in abundance. No surprises there really. From the little I've shot, I actually quite like the JPEGs out of camera - not something I would normally say.

Will try the kit zoom lens. Using the iPhone to control the camera is a blast - I think that's going to be fun!

Cheers

John

• Like 4