Sign in to follow this  
jaapv

Who ordered?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As promised, here's a shot with my new camera.

Shot at f2 and processed through Aperture.

Hope it's in an appropriate sub-forum, I forget the rules about these things

I am most interested in this camera for zooms, I don't plan on using primes on non FF.

As I have an x-Vario, it seems the results are pretty much the same, so I am not in a rush. I plan to wait for the 55-200mm lens and the 11-23mm lens to come out and buy them both as a package with the black one

I didn’t plan to; still, the specs, price and backup possibilities for my 240 ( especially with long R lenses) made me do it. #1 on the list for a black body at our Leica boutique. EVF & M-adapter

Don't you think that for some R lenses (like the 105-280) there will be some problems in handling ? I mean... a light (thin, I think) body, 2 adapters... 2Kg in front...

But, if the EVF is good as declared, it can be really a "R solution" even better than M.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Had one in hand today. Lovely beauty. Already decided on black and no AF lenses, but after using the nicely proportioned 18-56 I will get it and the 11-23 when it comes out. Love the build quality. The bayonet lens hood attaching reminds me of Zeiss and Cosina. The UI just makes sense.

I am most interested in this camera for zooms, I don't plan on using primes on non FF.

As I have an x-Vario, it seems the results are pretty much the same, so I am not in a rush. I plan to wait for the 55-200mm lens and the 11-23mm lens to come out and buy them both as a package with the black one

Same for me (also because my M is recent, and consider myself still in learning curve... not yet the moment to have other menus to deal with...

) : my first idea is that I could think of it as my telezoom camera.

Had the dealer put on the M APO135 today. The 1 lb. lens on the 1 lb. body had the perfect balance for me and the EVF is very large (nearly S size VF view) where I had no tunnel vision feeling what so ever. Spot on focus was so easy. The meter seems very sensitive to me even on multi and seems much more so than the M240. Shutter makes less noise than M240.

You Leica junkie Why are you ordering a black one? Aluminum is silver and black means paint is gonna be coated on it. How much long until it's removed/scratched? I would trust silver more... Then again who lives forever

Silver and black color cameras are both anodized ....

Silver and black color cameras are both anodized ....

Yes, and if the 'silver' was just polished aluminium it would look like shit pretty quick.

I am so intrigued by the T that I went down to R G Lewis and took a look at their demonstrator yesterday.

A lovely, lovely looking camera. Very chic in the aluminium/chrome finish. I tested it out in the shop and was very pleasantly surprised by two things. Firstly, the quality of the EVF and secondly the silence of the shutter. Back to the old film M sound levels!

One peculiar event though was switching from the zoom lens to the 23mm prime - which incidentally oozes Leica lens quality. When first mounted the EVF and LCD display both displayed a grey screen. In fact it was the first time it had been mounted on the camera and it was initially assumed that the lens was faulty. After turning the camera off once or twice everything burst into life. Possible firmware fault?

Anyway, handling is superb and even with the EVF everything seems to work in tune with each other.

One other surprise was that Len had actually sold one yesterday. It appears like other dealers he received stock immediately.

I've ordered a black version with 23mm lens, EVF and M-mount adapter. And may g*d have mercy on my wallet!

LouisB

Ordered tonight. Silver T, 23mm lens, EVF (I want the GPS....) and a black neck strap. Now I wait!

I will say I'm interested in a Tsnap and/or a Tflap, for protection. But I'm not sure so I skipped it for now. I don't have a case/cover on my current camera so I can probably live without it? Anyways that's very minor. I'm more interested in the camera, and yes this will be my first Leica! I almost bought an X2 several times, but the fixed lens stopped me. I tried for an M 240 for quite awhile with no luck, then my finances changed. Along comes this baby and it just seems like the perfect setup for me. I can't wait to start using it!

I ordered one with the 23 prime and viewfinder. At first I couldn't decide between silver or black ... then I figured if I get the silver with the black T-snap, it will seem like I have both

I’m in, as of earlier today…. aluminum + 23mm + EVF + should holster + 2 wrist straps and 2 neck straps for color accessorizing.

I’m really hoping the should holster + wrist strap combo works well. I’ve been looking for a wrist strap type thing that does require me to always hold the camera with a wrist strap. When shooting, I want the wrist strap. When carrying, I want a neck strap. We’ll see.

Still split on the EVF so I may cancel that part.

-jbl

After handling a demonstrator today I've confirmed my order, but changed from black to silver with a black T-Snap.

Those that have commented on the quality feel of the camera are right......to hold one is to want one

. Leaving aside performance and image quality for the moment, Leica certainly seem to have succeeded in creating an object of desire and I can't recall any other small camera (other than an M) having a similar effect.

For my husband. Our local store, Fireside here in San Francisco, arranged for the rep to stop by last Saturday for us to try it out. I hope I get to borrow it from him! Black.

kaethe

Logic rarely features in the decisions to buy a new model like the T after reading some reports in this thread. So I am one of the few exceptions who has ruled it out for the time being.

My full-frame needs are more than adequately met with a balanced set of prime lenses. My X1 and X Vario cope very well with compact and live-view needs. I simply do not need another 'system' camera without dislodging the system I already have and enjoy using. Hence I am not rushing to order anything at this time. I think I am one photographer who Leica was not aiming to convert.

So I ordered on day 1 - silver with 23 mm F2.0. Sold the X vario, which I really liked but wanted a light weight system for travel that allowed interchangeable lens. Thanks to Jono for his great review and love the story of his beautiful granddaughter. Her story really makes the point of what is so important..

Joan