Who ordered?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Waiting for the yellow myself!! Why not have a "fun" Leica!! ? Actually will wait to SEE the entire selection. The 240 & MM are my more serious cameras! LOL! ;)

Jono, I'm sure the T will fit beside either MM or 240 in the fast and prime bag right!! :D

Very neat new system!

Jim

• Like 1

I didn’t plan to; still, the specs, price and backup possibilities for my 240 ( especially with long R lenses) made me do it. #1 on the list for a black body at our Leica boutique. EVF & M-adapter

+1, same stuff plus an extra battery even though some report 600 images per charge.

I find that 2 M's are sometimes lacking when I do not want to change glass in wind and sand. That said, I had decided not to get a T until I thought about using my APO135 as a 200mm on the T. Will wait for a super wide T lens before getting any AF T glass.

always have to laugh at the 'back up' line for justifying a purchase...

if I want a backup I buy the same I have..computer, camera, phone, car etc....

i guess most T cameras bought by M users will land on the mantlepiece, in cupboard or ebay within 12 months of purchase.

andy

I, like everybody else, hadn't planned on it but after looking through the reviews and specifications found it really attractive.

For now I've just got a silver T, viewfinder and M adapter on order.

Can't decide between the zoom and the summicron (need to see more sample pics)...but I'll be able to use my M lenses in the meantime. :)

always have to laugh at the 'back up' line for justifying a purchase...

if I want a backup I buy the same I have..computer, camera, phone, car etc....

i guess most T cameras bought by M users will land on the mantlepiece, in cupboard or ebay within 12 months of purchase.

andy

Hi Andy

It's possible I guess (that they'll end up on the mantelpiece). At least they're nice enough to go on the mantelpiece :D

I want one as a sidekick to my M (which already has a backup - as you suggest - another M). It does nicely with the longer M lenses (135 makes a great fast 200 for instance), and I always like to have an AF mid range zoom for those lazy moments. I wish it was weathersealed, but apart from that it's pretty good - I haven't done 12 months, but I'm still enthusiastic after 6 :)

I really didn't think this was going to be for me. At all.

The Panasonic products didn't make sense because it was so much cheaper to buy the same product badged Panasonic. The X products seemed to lack something of the full Leica quality. The S products - for now - just seem too expensive, and have stiff competition in that market.

I've stuck with M. I prefer rangefinder photography, and the quality of the cameras and lenses is outstanding.

So I had no expectation of interest in the T. But I think this is a very very interesting new system, and the quality and feel of Leica seems to be there, judging from the photos, videos and written reviews.

I've ordered the silver body, the 2/23 Cron and the adaptor. I may add the Visoflex later, but I want to try one out first. I don't think I would order the zooms, but might be tempted by a Lux if they did one, or some sort of Summarit or Elmarit pancake that might make the T pocketable.

Handled one at the Leica boutique in Zurich this morning with zoom, EVF and 23mm prime. Sleek, nice, very premium build, fast AF (not mft fast, but definitely fast enough) no noticeable shutter lag, nice shutter click. The bad, the wait list is looooong....:(. Well done, Leica.

• Like 2

Went into Stephens in Manchester today to pick up a brochure and see if they had a T to try for size. While I was in the shop playing with their demo model and thinking about joining the pre-order list, a box arrived which David promptly opened.

Inside was a T body, lenses etc. I don't know who was more surprised, David or me. Anyway, to get to the point, I bought a body, the 23mm and a Visoflex. The battery's charging now.

I'm pleased to be back in the Leica fold after a few happy years shooting Fuji, and look forward to posting some photos soon from my new little camera.

Like many other correspondents, I have been watching the developing story on the Leica T and was mostly sold on getting one as soon as they were available.

On Thursday afternoon – I watched the websites and in particular the Steve Huff presentation [particularly thorough on demonstrating the touch screens] and then decided to ring a London dealer Red Dot to discuss joining their list.

I was very surprised when they told me they were unpacking a box from Leica and that it contained a Leica silver T, several lenses and EVF’s. They did not have the M/T adapter or spare batteries but I could live without these for a few weeks. So I purchased the body, the zoom lens and the EVF. As I do not live near London the items have to be couriered and as the courier does not work on Saturday, the item will be shipped on Monday, delivered next Tuesday and I am looking forward to opening the boxes.

As some of you may know this may not have happened as Red Dot suffered a major break in and theft of lenses on Thursday evening – see details elsewhere on the web. Fortunately the burglars did not manage to get my package. I hope that Red Dot gets its stock back.

So there may be Leica T products available at other dealers and available before the end of May. I wish all potential buyers luck in their searches.

David

• Like 8

I'm mostly never an early adopter but am quite astonished by what this camera is putting out so will almost definitely buy. I was excited by it before the launch and had pretty much made up my mind as soon as I saw the new website. It looks like a mature system already. I'm just waiting to hear more accounts of operation speed and stability. It's an extremely versatile camera that I can put to good use I think.

• Like 1

Ordered black with the 23mm Summicron.

The delay in delivery of the black suits me as it gives me time:

1. to get more information as users get more experience with it

2. to justify the purchase of something I want but really don't need - GAS

3. for a cooling-off period if I decide I'm nuts buying this

4. to perhaps see what new M lenses are to be released - ie fund better directed elsewhere.

5. to see how M lenses perform on it and to see if Metabones releases a M to T Speed Booster adapter

6. to see if I can rationalise some of my equipment.

7. to see if I really want a cropped sensor camera with an external VF.

8. to discuss with my wife yet another Leica purchase - not that she's refused me before

• Like 3

I had a T in hand yesterday and later discussed the camera with a dealer who'd used it for a longer period at the Los Angeles rollout. Also watched the very nice Red Dot Forum review. The T seems to be a very nicely crafted and considered piece of gear. But, silly as it may be, I am more interested in the next version of this camera. As others have said, I'm in a might-like-it-but-don't-need-it situation and thus can wait...