Who ordered?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I didn’t plan to; still, the specs, price and backup possibilities for my 240 ( especially with long R lenses) made me do it. #1 on the list for a black body at our Leica boutique. EVF & M-adapter

Edited by jaapv
  • Like 13

I wasn't planning to order either, but have done so. Body (I told them either silver or black was okay) 23mm, M adapter and EVF.

I will use it as a backup for my M(240), and for times when I need autofocus. What did it for me was the M lens adapter. I have been looking for another body for M lenses. The Sony A7r has been okay -- but just okay -- and has not lived up to expectations. It is iffy with many M lenses, the focus peaking is of limited value with wide angles, and the noise and vibration are not very good. I am looking forward to the T and my 135 APO, which will become a very compact 200mm equivalent.

I had been thinking about an M8 as a backup. I suspect the T may reduce demand for used M8s.

Edited by WeinschelA
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a simple thread for simple folks who just like their Leicas. There are plenty of threads to discuss the merits or otherwise of the T. Any such posts -especially combative ones- will be removed from this thread without notice.

• Like 18

I wasn't planning to, and I still haven't ordered yet, but it would definitely make a nice second body, especially with the ability to mount my M lenses, and the high ISO capabilities seem to be far ahead of the M9.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t plan to; still, the specs, price and backup possibilities for my 240 ( especially with long R lenses) made me do it. #1 on the list for a black body at our Leica boutique. EVF & M-adapter

You Leica junkie :D

Why are you ordering a black one? Aluminum is silver and black means paint is gonna be coated on it. How much long until it's removed/scratched? I would trust silver more... Then again who lives forever

You Leica junkie :D

Why are you ordering a black one? Aluminum is silver and black means paint is gonna be coated on it. How much long until it's removed/scratched? I would trust silver more... Then again who lives forever

I'm on the same line.

Aluminium is the way to go.

The black one is most likely painted and scratches will be easily visible unless you keep it in a vitrine :D

John

• Like 1

Went into Stephens in Manchester today to pick up a brochure and see if they had a T to try for size. While I was in the shop playing with their demo model and thinking about joining the pre-order list, a box arrived which David promptly opened.

Inside was a T body, lenses etc. I don't know who was more surprised, David or me. Anyway, to get to the point, I bought a body, the 23mm and a Visoflex. The battery's charging now.

I'm pleased to be back in the Leica fold after a few happy years shooting Fuji, and look forward to posting some photos soon from my new little camera.

Congratulations, you are most likely the first person that has captured a free available T!

Went into Stephens in Manchester today to pick up a brochure and see if they had a T to try for size. While I was in the shop playing with their demo model and thinking about joining the pre-order list' date=' a box arrived which David promptly opened. Inside was a T body, lenses etc. I don't know who was more surprised, David or me. Anyway, to get to the point, I bought a body, the 23mm and a Visoflex. The battery's charging now. I'm pleased to be back in the Leica fold after a few happy years shooting Fuji, and look forward to posting some photos soon from my new little camera.[/quote']

Quicker than your shadow! Wondering whether it will be crowded tomorrow, there....

I'm more intrigued by it than I expected. But will wait for more feedback on use with M lenses, in regards to image smearing with wides.

My preference is black. Considering many M lenses are black anodized aluminum, which is exactly what the black T is... and that mine have held up pretty well over the past couple years of use, I don't think wear will be terrible, though expect the sharp edges to 'brass' over time.

• Like 1

Not I

..... but only because I'm in a terrible colour quandary. I had a black one for the first couple of months testing - since which I've had two silver ones.

Both finishes seem pretty bulletproof as a matter of fact - no marks on either after heavy use. . . . I still have the test camera at the moment (sssssssh)

Anyway, I'm certainly up for one . . . . then I'm going to pare down just to my Leica kit.

all the best

• Like 2