Is the T made for M users?

lct

There are several conditions which depend on the aperture and which are or could be corrected either in-camera or in PP and where a more precise correction could be applied if the aperture value for each shot was known. I think even the Italian Flag depend on the aperture.

• Like 1

I was more thinking of the user.

Aren't we all? :D

Actually, I think I've seen some contests 'out there' where contestants were required to submit the statistics with their pictures, such as focal length, exposure duration and aperture.

I use a good variety of cam n lens and compacts, I use LR to sort and PP all my shots. I compare my shots taken with different cams systems and figure out for my own what each system / lens does best, then plan ahead and use diff systems in the right situation. Hence the F stop comes into play here. I may be just an odd ball doing this, but that's just me and why I am interested to have the F stop info. :D

Advertisement (gone after registration)

......I compare my shots taken with different cams systems and figure out for my own what each system / lens does best......

During lens testing, I write down the f stop used and later tag it in LR with keyword for f stops. This way I can review them later.

Once I have sorted out my lens/aperture combo that works (and I know the intended effect) then I shoot freely with the knowledge. There is no need to know f stop from the pic files any more (to me). :)

As an M240 user, I cannot see the T as a substitute for the M240. Comparing the two cameras is akin to comparing apples and... broccoli. They are two vastly different cameras intended for two vastly different kinds of photographers.

If I want to go fast and light, I will take the M240 with the 28 'cron attached. Of course, the T would make a smaller package - but with nowhere the capability of the M240. Smalll and light? An M240/28 'cron combo is small and light.

Smaller and lighter are well and good, but not at the cost of camera performance and image quality - in my book, at least.

YMMV...

Edited by Carlos Danger

I agree the comparison is fruitless, but I'm not so sure they're intended for different photographers.

For me, it's less a case of "small and light", and more a case of EVF, AF and zoom. I have a small AF camera that takes a native zoom, my Nikon macro and long zoom, and as a bonus my M lenses.

It has detracted slightly from the use of my M cameras, but they remain my first preference.

Cheers

John

Different approaches and different audience. I am using the T as a supplement to the M. The T for me is a versatile small and light package. The M is for serious work and for times where I want to have the rangefinder experience.

I'm still putting the T through it's paces. Some good and some bad experiences so far but overall... still happy.

• Like 1

Different approaches and different audience. I am using the T as a supplement to the M. The T for me is a versatile small and light package. The M is for serious work and for times where I want to have the rangefinder experience.

I'm still putting the T through it's paces. Some good and some bad experiences so far but overall... still happy.

+1, though I can't really aspire to "serious work" ...