Leica T predictions...

PopUp VF is just what i thought when seeing the leaked uni body images. There is that pill-shaped hole on top, i suspect it beeing for the flash. but the large hole right in the middle on top of the lens mount, this could very well be for an EVF. There are also these zig-zag shaped sides on the cutout, that would not be needed for an flash mount only. so +1 for that prediction (and me on the preorder list)

But then, where would the hot shoe go?

My hope is that it will use the EVF4 and be accompanied by a firmware update for the M (and other Leica's) that use the EVF4.

Another member mentioned in the 'X' sub-forum that Leica has registered "Leica Visoflex Typ 020" with RRA at the same time they registered the T. If that's true (I haven't seen it referenced anywhere else) it could be Leica's name for the Olympus EVF4.

Anyway, I can't see Leica launching a new 3k USD camera line with the only viewfinder solution being so under spec'd compared to recent offerings from other manufacturers as the current Visoflex. Or, I hope not at least.

but the large hole right in the middle on top of the lens mount, this could very well be for an EVF.

You mean the the hole where the hot shoe for an external flash (or an external EVF for that matter) would be? ;-)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You mean the the hole where the hot shoe for an external flash (or an external EVF for that matter) would be? ;-)

That's the hole i meant or that i hope for :)

The panasonic gx7 swivel EVF is quite sturdy, but not enough to put a hot shoe on top.

The panasonic gx7 swivel EVF is quite sturdy, but not enough to put a hot shoe on top.

An APS version of the GX7 would have been a better way to go in my opinion. I really don't see the appeal of a clip on EVF in a compact camera when you consider how small some of the models are that have a built in EVF. (The exception being that I don't need an EVF and its associated weight on cameras that I'd put on a flying multirotor.)

Of course adding a clip on EVF makes the camera more expensive and thus more money for Leica. Amazon sells Leica's EVF for $600 which is only $85 less than a Nex 6 with 16-50 lens. And the EVF in the Sony is much better. So how many can justify the cost of the Leica T with that large a discrepancy?

Edited by AlanG

We'll have to wait and see of course to be sure, but the milled aluminium block had such promise, but if these pictures are accurate then personally I think the aesthetics with the smooth black aperture less lenses looks disappointing, although I like the idea of what looks like a suede case. If it's touch screen as suggested I can't see that it is any great step up from the drab Canon EOS M that hasn't sold in the UK but was accepted well apparently in Asia. I suppose the UK market will be subjected to the same price in pounds as the Americans will be asked in dollars.The Canon comes with a APSC sensor interchangeable lenses including a kit 18/55 that is equally slow, touch screen etc for £299 !! It will accept Canon ef/efs lenses with an adapter so will accept the "L" series glass. This Leica will have to have some hidden qualities. I so want to praise what Leica are doing but it's style over substance of late.

Edited by Lee Martin

So how many can justify the cost of a Leica M240?

Leica pricing is "special" since ever ...

I bet there is nothing unique or "special" about the T as there is about an M rangefinder. And there aren't millions of legacy lenses out there for it. So it mostly will come down to how large a premium enough people will pay for the name.

Leica released an app for the Leica T yesterday. You can download it now from app store.

It connects with your iPhone og iPad. Not sure if it is available for Android yet in Google Play.

Some features are:

- Camera Live View

- Control Capture Settings

- Remote Shutter

- Start/Stop Video Recording

- Delete images

- View, download and share images from the camera

So, the Leica T (Typ 701) certainly has a possibility for wifi.

Personally I believe the "T" stands for "Touch" as in touch screen.:)

• Like 2

Leica released an app for the Leica T yesterday. You can download it now from app store.

It connects with your iPhone og iPad. Not sure if it is available for Android yet in Google Play.

Some features are:

- Camera Live View

- Control Capture Settings

- Remote Shutter

- Start/Stop Video Recording

- Delete images

- View, download and share images from the camera

So, the Leica T (Typ 701) certainly has a possibility for wifi.

Personally I believe the "T" stands for "Touch" as in touch screen.:)

Before the camera is released? I think not!

My girls are using the Image Shuttle remote for their Leica C Typ112&

The new App for the T looks more sophisticated.

Interesting how the Leica T App will treat the DNG files….

I will say that the software looks like it does a lot more than the Sony Playmemories app does on the Nex 6. I have DSLR controller which uses a USB cable between my Canons and my Galaxy SIII phone and that software is very powerful and fast. (Instantly comes on when I connect the cable.) The Sony software requires you to take several steps - first turn on the camera's wifi feature, then select the the camera's wifi from the phone, and then you have to run the app on the phone. And then once it is connected, you can't control much from the phone - almost everything is locked.