Anyone figure out why the 240 freezes up?

dant

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:pthese M240s are fussy creatures, thus the locking ups etc, stick a black APO50 on the silver M240' the shots are crappier than hell, now when the APO50 is no it's black cousin, the shots are like wow! Likewise mount the APO50 on the silver body, crap shots, now with a silver 50/1.4, on it, the resultant shots less shitty, simply because it is no APO50:D

• Like 1

Have a M 240 since a couple of months. Had many lock up's using Sandisk 16 GB 30MB/'s card in combination with multi metering. Changed to Sandisk 64 GB with write speed 95 m/sec. No problem since. Tried again with the initial card and problem re-occured.

Jaap is recommending the Pro Lexar 16 GB 600x.

I have a lot of lock up's with my M240 with newest FW and Sandisk 64 95 MB/s. All freezes are with LV. The biggest problem was, that after one freeze I removed the Accu and the complete settings were resetted. So I took the next pictures in jpeg...

Maybe Leica needs to repair your camera?

I have a lot of lock up's with my M240 with newest FW and Sandisk 64 95 MB/s. All freezes are with LV. The biggest problem was, that after one freeze I removed the Accu and the complete settings were resetted. So I took the next pictures in jpeg...

Interesting. After most of the lock-ups I've experienced the camera reset to the last combination of settings from the last time it was turned off. I haven't yet had it revert to its original out-of-box settings. Will now keep an eye on this, for sure.

I've had two lock-ups since the last time I reported...

The first was a lazy day at the beach and was composing a scene with live view on the rear screen when it struck. It reset the camera to the settings used when it was last turned off.

The second was at a wedding this past weekend, and it happened right at the beginning, in the first 50 shots. Don't remember the exact use circumstances, but pretty sure it didn't involve live view or the EVF.

Regarding the M-P: it will be interesting to see if the same firmware updates apply to it and the M. If updates are specific to it, then I would take that as an indication of software revision/improvement.

Well, naively I would ask, how can it be the same firmware as they changed the hardware?

Well, naively I would ask, how can it be the same firmware as they changed the hardware?

The only significant firmware issue is the buffer size which is easily handled in competent programing: Read capacity and work within it.