Anyone figure out why the 240 freezes up?

dant

I got a new board gor my M240 due to other problems with my sensor. After that and with the newest firmware, I had only 3 freezes in 2.000 shots. Befire I had it every 50-100 shots. All freezes are now during lens change while LV is on. Not the best idea - I know - but happens sometimes. The info from Leica was that the old freezes are FW-problems.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and Leica but bought my M240 about 14 months, with great results but have suffered from intermittent lock ups.  Initially I thought perhaps it was my switch pigs but now the camera upon switch on all that happens is that the the red light flashes and nothing else, that includes an inability to use any of the selection switches.  The shutter appears to work but nothing is recorded to the SD.  I have reformatted the (SanDisk) SD, tried a new SD and a different battery - all to no avail.  All very tiresome now - anyone any thoughts - I am about to send the camera back to Leica but thought I would ask here first.  Th camera is currently unuseable!!

I hope some one can help

Paul S

Have said this before. Downloab images into LR. In the filmstrip at the bottom of the LR window do you ever see images from other or earlier shoots? If so, then use Sd Formatter to wipe the SD card clean. That has mostly solved the issue for me.

It more likely that 'fix' from reformatting, even in SD Formatter is coincidental unless Leica is doing something fundamentally wrong regarding SD standards. Wiping/over-writing an SD card does not touch the invisible, protected area that manages allocation.