Anyone figure out why the 240 freezes up?

dant

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, the way it is measured is as follows:

Put a stopwatch on your laptop screen.Focus the camera on the screen. (all on the same table obviously)

With one hand depress the shutter button and turn the switch to S, at the same time, as synchronized as possible, tap the space bar with your other hand to start the timer.

The camera will photograph the startup time

repeat ten times, discard the fastest and the slowest time and average.

It should be under 2 seconds with a 16 Gb card.

Edited by jaapv
  • Like 1

So you keep complaining on the LUF rather than trying to fix your issue. Strong conviction indeed.

If I were sure my camera came back better than it is now, then I would send it immediately.

The fact that no one has got it fixed for the freeze issue...

AND

The fact sometimes the camera comes back in worse conditions (e.g. misaligned RF due to not very careful handling by shipping companies), or does not come back at all (i.e. stolen)...

AND

The fact that it takes forever for Leica to "service" a camera

... make me think that sending it in does not make any sense.

If I were sure my camera came back better than it is now, then I would send it immediately.

I see what you mean but it won't come back worse anyway and why complaining if you do nothing to fix the problem? I would try at least a fast card to begin with. I can recommend Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s (8GB and 64GB), Panasonic Gold Pro 95 MB/s (8 GB) and Toshiba Exceria 95 MB/s (16 GB). FWIW.

Edited by lct

Selective reading does not help having a discussion. I said: if there is a problem they can pinpoint.

And yes, I and others are able to use the M240 with or without LV, EVF,C, S or any other way it was designed to without lockups.

That is exactly the difficulty of finding the answer to or even the source of your problem.

Interesting, my camera used to freeze. I switched to a Transcend Card and I cannot make the camera freeze. When I put in the other cards, the camera freezes. Go figure; that's just what's happening to me. So if the 240 has some kind of bug, the Transcend Card eliminates the problem for me at least.

• Like 4

Interesting, my camera used to freeze. I switched to a Transcend Card and I cannot make the camera freeze. When I put in the other cards, the camera freezes. Go figure; that's just what's happening to me. So if the 240 has some kind of bug, the Transcend Card eliminates the problem for me at least.

Congratulations! You have found the winning robust combination for your M240.

Why mess around? Simply enjoy your photography!

Good luck!

For my M9 a Panasonic Gold card did the trick! ;)

Edited by k-hawinkler
  • Like 1

Can you kindly get specific on exactly the Transcend card you use for no lockups? Thanks.

Can you kindly get specific on exactly the Transcend card you use for no lockups? Thanks.

Hi,

I ordered the Transcend Card from the Leica Store in Miami, Florida. They offer 2 sizes, 16 and 32 gb. They will ship to you. Also available from Amazon for less money I think.

Best, Dan

Edited by drdannn
add to...
  • Like 1