Sign in to follow this  
nondas.gr

dlux-6 and SD card on OSX issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I 'm using my dlux-6 with Apple Aperture and i 'm having an issue deleting my photos from the SD. After copying my photos to the program, Aperture asks me if i want to delete them and eject the disk. I confirm but nothing happens:confused:. The only way is to delete/format the SD from within the camera (annoying)...

Today i noticed that i don't have permission rights on any SD i connect with the camera (read only) but from a card reader i have no problem

. I tried various solutions but nothing yet.

Anybody with Dlux6 and OSX can confirm this? Thanks

…. The only way is to delete/format the SD from within the camera (annoying)...

….

Well, annoying or not, that is the proper way to do it, with any camera and any operating system! ALWAYS format the card in camera, using the camera´s own format command from its menu.

And, as for downloading from the card, using a card reader instead of an USB cord from the camera is safer and (usually) faster. When returning from an extended shoot with several cards to download from, it´s really the only sensible thing to do.

As for the specific hardware you mention, I own a D-Lux 6 and a Mac, but I use Lightroom instead of Aperture. And, just as with my other cameras, I haven´t even taken the USB cord out of its plastic bag since I came home with the camera; I use a card reader (it´s built into my Mac Mini).

I appreciate your responses. Everyone has its own workflow at the end. I would like to use the simplicity Aperture offers (connect, import, delete, eject) and the possibly to wright data on the SD but for some reason that option is not available. Any other ideas would be great. Thanks

Hmm, I generally would format in camera, too, but see my previous post here: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-forum/328657-sd-card-hiccups-digital-travel-advice.html

...and in particular stevesurf's recommendation for this free program which might prove helpful: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Advertisement (gone after registration)

With one exception leave your workflow as it is. The exception is the one several of us have written above - delete and format SD cards in the camera, not in the computer.

Well, annoying or not, that is the proper way to do it, with any camera and any operating system! ALWAYS format the card in camera, using the camera´s own format command from its menu.

Unless one uses SDFormatter.

OP - run Disk Utility to fix all permissions. Hope that does the trick.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By epand56
      Anybody experience the same?
      Before upgrading my Mac Book Air to OSX Mojave, Flat Field was working great.
      This morning I updated to OSX Mojave 10.14.
      After that, I had to clean some files with the Italian flag from my CV 15 V. II and (to my dismay) discovered that Flat Field wasn't working. 
      It does the cleaning process, but at the end doesn't deliver the "ff" file. So, no correction at all.
      Anybody here experienced the same and has a solution?
      Thank you for attention.
      Best regards,
      Enrico
    • By carbon_dragon
      I'm currently using Apple Aperture for my Leica M9 but as Apple no longer supports it, it's only a matter of time before I will have to convert (maybe to Capture One). In the meantime, should I buy an M10, will it's DNG files be readable by Aperture even if Apple no longer adds support for new cameras. Note I'm not positive Apple isn't doing this, but it would kind of be typical so I'm kind of assuming this is true.

In other words, will buying an M10 mean an IMMEDIATE conversion to another program?

Thanks.
    • By kentishrev
      I have recently bought a used Summilux 50mm.  The serial number starts 250..., so I think it's from around 1972.

It's been working fine since May on M9, M6 and CL (with adapter).  Using today on M-D and the focus and aperture rings are starting to stick when focus nears infinity.  Put simply, if I'm at around f8, then move focus towards infinity, the rings 'catch' and turning the focus starts to turn the aperture at the same pace, moving it up (from, say, f8 to f11).

Anyone else had this happen.  If no easy fix then I have a 12 month warranty, but it would be a shame to lose it for a few weeks.

thank you

• By Freggio
      Hello,

Took my Leica S2 out in London yesterday to see how it performed out of the studio. Took a total of about 50 shots in groups of a dozen or so in 3 locations.

Apon my return I discovered that instead of my usual CF AND SD cards I only had the SD card in the camera. Strangely the S2 only saved 8 images (all DNG) to the SD. A single image from the first location. 7 from the second and none at all from the last location.

This has never happened before. The battery was fully charged and didn't require changing during the day. The SD card has plenty of space on it. BUT the S2 was set to save in parallel and I've never not had both CF and SD in the camera together AND The camera was set to save DNG only.

I'm trying to reproduce the same issue now. Seems that there's maybe an issue with having the camera set to parallel saving when DNG only is selected and there's only an SD card present.

Can anyone confirm that for me? Or could this be something more serious?

Cheers,

Freggio.

• By gwpics
      I am very pleased to say that my M9 returned home today after being with Leica since September for the removal of an SD card label (Fuji 16gb card) jammed in the shutter, and for a sensor clean and service. It came as a surprise as they had bot notified me it was on its way, but they appear to have done a great job, and sent it back in its own box by UPS.
      Now to tackle Fuji about the SD card, who seemed to be pretty disinterested when I spoke to them on phone.

Gerry

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy