Sign in to follow this  
stunsworth

Thank you

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Exactly Hank and that was what i was driving at. All those posts including the stickies and everything else needs to be moved here and the hundreds of threads from the past too, sorry folks i just think it is done backwards . okay back to work

It seems logistically it would be easier to convert the main forum into the M8 forum and then create R, D and digicam forums and move the much smaller amount of non-M8 content to those forums. As it is you still can't find the posts for non M8 products and the M8 stuff is now in 2 places.

The way the film forum is set up is good. There is no content under the heading only in the sub-forums.

Ì'm in favour of splitting, but Hank and Guy and some I forget to mention thought it through more: The M8 should be in the main forum and the "others" in a subforum to prevent them being snowed under. When you can't find your yard in the winter you move the snow to get at your car- not the driveway.

It seems logistically it would be easier to convert the main forum into the M8 forum and then create R, D and digicam forums and move the much smaller amount of non-M8 content to those forums. As it is you still can't find the posts for non M8 products and the M8 stuff is now in 2 places.

The way the film forum is set up is good. There is no content under the heading only in the sub-forums.

This also makes the most sense to me.

Best

Adam

... The way the film forum is set up is good. There is no content under the heading only in the sub-forums.

I would prefer this to the current solution.

Andreas, in order to do this properly, you may have to shut the Forum down till everything is moved.

I have to disagree with most of you, I think Andreas did it right. The M8 is this year's hot topic, but in the in the long term there will be other Leica digital products that will dominate discussion on the forum. Keeping the main body of the digital forum generic allows for broad-based conversations that will serve all users well.

Larry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Larry, I don't disagree with the organizational quality of Andreas' decision. Unfortunately, we now have M8 posts in 2 different places in the DigiForum.

I think Andreas should organize the DigiForum lilke the PhotoForum, with posts only in subfori.

And, I think the DigiForum needs to be shut down so people don't post in multiple places. Currently, we're screwed.

Bill,

Yes, I agree with you. Maybe Andreas isn't finished with the reorganization.

Larry

I sent Andreas an email requesting both only subfori posting and a closure for the swap.

He did a great job with moving the threads, they all showed "moved" afterwards, but they still lived in the old place, too.

Too bac for the extra work.

Nice software he writes, tho.

I think it's only a negligible number of casual D-Lux shooters who are vocal advocates of a forum split ... now why don't we just set up a point-and-shooter forum (some may want to call it street photography forum

) for them and transform the origial digital forum into a dedicated M and R club?

Now leaving the old forum to them, let's see how frequent their first page can get a refresh, perhaps once a month?

Well, the only thing I would expect the D-lux shooter to take exception to in the above is the description "casual."

I think we should rename the Leica Forum, the M8 forum, and make anyone with any other interest pay us an entry fee and use a sub-sub-forum.

My apologies ... for the word "casual" ... BUT, this doesn't look right:

The M8 and DMR are Leica's flagship cameras ... if there're some sub-fora to be created, there should be the Digilux, D-lux and accessories.

Simon, sorry, my bad. It was a joke. I didn't mean to touch a nerve. Clearly, the issue is bigger than just the D-lux-2 users. In fact, don't we M8 users own this forum?

If we look at the posting behavior this afternoon, it is WAY down. I hope we get the M8/digital forum confusion sorted out soon.

I am sure that Andreas will figure out a logical way to make all this happen.

Simon, sorry, my bad. It was a joke. I didn't mean to touch a nerve.

Never mind, Bill ... my nerve is much stronger than that.

Cheers!

Guest stnami

So what are the m8 guys complaining about now they post in two sections the digital and m8............. also any filmlike images by the m8 can be posted in the film forum................

Sorry not happy with this change:(

Just makes it more confusing since we talk about lenses, profiles acessories and everything under the sun that relates directly or indirectly and not sure about this to serve the forum the correct way. my rant for the day and it sucks sorry.

Frankly this will just lose forum members IMHO. If anything make this for the D and V series

This is based on one post in the customer forum with only 48 responses . i hardly call that a democractic decision based on the whole general membership.

and although you are possibly the most prolific poster as of late-its still not your forum. i dont think it sucks. forum means group of people.if this was a "democratic" forum then you probably wouldn't have 5000 posts to my 400. andreas was doing a great job before you even got here. probably the same after you have left...b

Guest guy_mancuso

Tell you what i just won't post anything at all, does that do anything good for the forum. Look at the numbers there are many more M8 threads than anything. Frankly it does suck and it is bullshit because it does not work until everything M8 is in this sub forum which it is not even close to being done, posting on two different parts of the forum is stupid.

Bradley if you have a personal issue with me bring it on. By your response it seems you do and I am entitled to my opinion and if you don't like it , to BAD

All this change needs to work is for anyone who wants to post M8 related stuff to use a little common sense, IMHO.

This set up was done already without success early on when the M8 was first released.

I am not against sub forums it is just the way you are setting up the sub forum. Set it up like the Photo forums. Create sub forums under Digital each for:

General Digital Talk

M8/DMR

D3/DLUX3/CLUX2

So when one clicks Digital you have these sub forums to choose from.

All other posts outside the M8 completely get lost very quickly. Setting up sub forums like in the Photo section when you click on Photo Forum you have clear choices. Having one section for the M8 under Digital did not work before it will not work now.

Andy sadly it did not work before because of a lack of common sense. People need to be herded like sheep into the right place to post.