• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry not happy with this change:(

Just makes it more confusing since we talk about lenses, profiles acessories and everything under the sun that relates directly or indirectly and not sure about this to serve the forum the correct way. my rant for the day and it sucks sorry.

Frankly this will just lose forum members IMHO. If anything make this for the D and V series

This is based on one post in the customer forum with only 48 responses . i hardly call that a democractic decision based on the whole general membership.

Guy, not everyone who uses a Leica digital uses an M8. Their threads were disappearing under the deluge of M8 threads. Certainly to me it seems sensible to have a separate area for the M8 so that uses of other cameras don't have their posts washed away by the tide of M8 posts.

It seems pretty obvious to me that there are certain issues that belong here - profiles, lenses backfocusing etc. - in addition to the threads directly relating to the M8. Sure there will be issues threads that fit more than one category, but I think we can rely on the poster's intelligence to work out the most appropriate.

Hmm..not sure about this...

I liked just logging into the digital forum and find everything i need there. I didn't even mind all the prehistoric DMR talk :D

Wouldn't it be more logical if the bulk of the forum stayed in the same place and move the DMR and D(igi)-lux (whoever thought those names wouldn't be confusing?) to a subforum? Now the subforum is likely to grow bigger than it's parent.

I wont be visiting any less though :)

Hans

Guest guy_mancuso

Steve totally understand but the things that are being lost are threads that don't carry the totally public weight. But it's not my forum so whatever they want to do , I just don't agree

Guy, it's not my forum either and I agree with the move <grin>

I wonder if your reaction would have been different if the old forum had been left as is with the same name, and a new sub-forum had been created entitled 'Non-M8 Forum' <grin>

I'm in favour.

The digital forum applies just as much to film users as it also covers scanning/printing and the whole raft of related issues of digital output.

With the enormous amount of M8 traffic any such threads are buried too quickly. This solution contains all of the M8 specific stuff to one area which must make it easier for the M8 users too?

Of course it depends if people use it correctly!

Guest guy_mancuso

So out of 500 posts 480 are of the M8 than put them in a sub forum and the main forum has 20 posts. Sorry don't agree with that and the last comment from me on the subject.:)

I'm doing it -- but I REALLY don't like it!

If I post something about PS handling of something I'm doing with the M8, it goes one place; if for the D2, then another?

Gimme a damn break! This is not a good idea.

There are already fewer posts that regard the M8 specifically than there were a month ago. When an M9 appears, then what?!!!

Nuts!

So out of 500 posts 480 are of the M8 than put them in a sub forum and the main forum has 20 posts. Sorry don't agree with that and the last comment from me on the subject.:)

I think the idea was good - so the M8 wouldn't crowd out all the other Leica digital. But as you say it would have made more sense to keep the M8 the main forum because you can't move 95% of the posts. Logistically it would have been easier to move the much smaller number of non M8 posts as you still can't find them in the main forum since it's still 90% M8.