Thank you

stunsworth

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if people would now use the M8 section for all M8 stuff, and the Digital section for all general Digital posts, including the other Leica digitals, scanning, storage etc, the latter posts will not get swamped down to page three before folk have a chance to respond.

Storage, Photoshop, computer setup are actually common questions which can be raised by users from all different camps.

All the big fuss about the forum split really boils down to just one thing and that's your choice between:

Leica or Panasonic

Now the Panasonic users take the main digital forum and we Leica customers have to go underwater. LOL

MGCD, you obviously didn't bother to read all the previous threads ... don't care what others have said, don't remeber what you've said and don't know what you want.

It's almost too funny ... in the "forum improvement" thread in the customer forum, the OP "wlaidlaw" ONLY suggested a minor tweak to the forum behaviour with regards to how the last post would show up but the discussion was hijacked by the point and shooters ... then ended up with this. LOL

Now I have some time to waste ... care to explain why are you still bothering to visit the M8 sub-forum when you've posted this in the original thread crying for a change? ROFL

I must admit that I have really been put off by all the M8 blabber on the forum and as a result I have lost much interest in participating. It is really annoying,

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, FWIW, I like the change. The 480/500 split won't last forever. The M8 is still new and exciting, and this will settle down. The threads which are M8-related and belong here will either move, or we will restart them. Eventually, the split will stop so many non-M8ers being frustrated by the torrents of M8 information, and the M8ers from being frustrated at the occasional unrelated thread which sounds related. It is just a bit of growing pains, but the direction is correct, IMO. I only wish the forum would have been called "Digital M" or something like that, to accomodate the eventual M9 and so on. I guess there is time to rename it :)

i like the change ..... but we are onlt half way there....

To me there are now only 2 confusing things left :

1. what goes into the "customer forum".........seems film camera related items

2. what goes into "film forum"......... seems darkroom related items

why not change these to

1. analog forum (or some name that implies non-digital )

2. processing forum (or something that implies wet or dry darkroom items)

rich