Thank you

stunsworth

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank You Simon and exactly what i am saying why move 1000's of post to make 10 percent of the forum happy. Sorry i completely disagree on what has been done, everyone else can moan and groan why can't i have my moment on one topic. Please don't throw the Andreas and other moderator thing at me i have the utmost respect for them and they know that publicily and privately. But i disagree and that won't change

i think you will find it was the only way it could be done IF you wanted an M8 forum, and a Digital Forum. The process is entirely logical if you think about it.

As a forum specific species, M8 as a model will outlast the other Leica digitals, so they couldn't very well name another forum for them. Im sure it will all work out within 24 hours. I posted an answer to Brian's thread less than 24 hrs ago and already its 2 pages back and on its way to 3.

cheers

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lively debate is to be encouraged, but name calling and "having a go" isn't.

C'mon guys, we all know that we are better than this... :o So, pack it in!

FYI, there were lots of representations to the mods regarding splitting the Digital section again, as it was when the M8 was announced. It was felt that general digital discussions were being completely swamped by hundreds of M8 posts, to the detriment of the forum as a whole. Hence the decision to reinstate.

Obviously, it would be beneficial to move all the M8 dicsussion going backa few months into the new sub-section, but this will take some time. Patience is a virtue ;)

In the meantime, it would help if anyone who starts a new M8 thread could do so in the new subsection. You'll soon have hundreds of threads to play with :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Andy, can we have the M8 child forum promoted into a regular forum? The current setup causes a lot confusion (at least to me), you can spend the whole day moving all M8 related threads into this place for now but I don't see how you can effectively prevent people from posting new ones into the mother digital forum ... at the end of day, it brings only headache to your management.

Guest guy_mancuso

Leica M and R digital camera's

Leica D and V digital camera's

Digital General discussions

Just a thought but you have to seperate it all out in the correct place, as it is i agree very confusing and many lost threads with extremely important info in the wrong place as it is today. i hope that will change with some rearranging. Have fun

There should no reason why there would be lost threads or info Guy.

However, you may just have to look in a different place. ;)

(So far I have been through the first 10 pages of the Digital forum and moved anything M8-ish over...)

Andreas, would it be possible to see the last post in both the main digital forum and the M8 forum in the main screen? Now we only see the last post in either.

Click on International forum, and you will see both

Yes, it does, I know, but it only shows one last post, and as the M8 is a subforum of digital, it may as well be a last post in the digital forum as the last in the M8 subforum, but not both (I mean in the column "last post"). Or do I have to change some setting somewhere to see two last posts ( one in the digital forum and one in the M8 forum) ?

Guest sirvine

It's a little odd to have only one sub-forum for one production model of camera body, no? No big deal...if it makes someone happy, it has done good in the world. Change is...change.

Sol

The reason this was done was to move all the M8 traffic out of the Digital forum and into its own.

So, if people would now use the M8 section for all M8 stuff, and the Digital section for all general Digital posts, including the other Leica digitals, scanning, storage etc, the latter posts will not get swamped down to page three before folk have a chance to respond.

Guest sirvine

Seems logical. Consistency would dictate having something similar for the other digital bodies, and the M7, MP and R9 under the film section, but, as I say, it makes zero difference to me...just my compulsive, thumb-twiddling nature to point these things out.