Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

lynx in waiting position

Advertisement (gone after registration)

this one was shot one early morning. My R Telyt 250 was mounted on my Olympus EM 5. Since I wanted to have the fullsize animal I had to stitch 2 pictures. The animal did not move for a long time, so I could do several shots.

Dee,

thanks for your nice response. I think clever are the animals which are able to constantly avoid being shot from an ideal angle. Here it would have been very nice of that guy to look at me and let me have a brillinat eyeshine. But, perhaps next time . . .

Iduna,

A marvelous picture. Great timing, composition, colors and sharpness. A beautiful animal.

Paul

Paul,

I am glad you like the picture. That morning the fur was lit with a low sun which gave a slightly pink shade.

These animals a fantastic. Lastly I could hear one of them clling out for his mate. This is a strange sound: a soft bark.

Hello Iduna.

A wonderful shot of this magnificent illusive ,,cat'' As in the wild they are hard to find.

Glad your posted photo give us chance to view this fabulous Lynx. Greetings: John Basso.

Bill,

thanks a lot your your looking into this. Indeed it is my concern to give these animals an adequate setting. Thanks for recognizing this from the picture.

Edgard, Stuart, Ece,

thanks for your nice support and I am always glad to have a nice feedback. This is encouraing.

John,

if one can believe the last reports and observation the Lynx is being back to Europe's remote forests.

One does not know much about this species because they are so timid. Thanks for your support and nice response.

Dee,

thanks for your nice response. I think clever are the animals which are able to constantly avoid being shot from an ideal angle. Here it would have been very nice of that guy to look at me and let me have a brillinat eyeshine. But, perhaps next time . . .

Did you try calling puss, puss, puss??

Dee,

I was thinking that "please, stay where you are, don't stir" - but in fact I kept as calm as possible, not moving and no wandering about to change position.

Brent,

thanks for response and support. Yes, I don't think that they have to starve. They have a big area but that is nothing compared to the challenge of life in a wild forest, so training is not that much and feeding comes in.

Wonderful shot They are really very difficult to see in the wild. Here is a good example of one I came upon when up in the Lake Arrowhead area . As you can see this is as close as I got.

Hank

Wow, Hank,

how lucky you were, thanks for posting it. This must have been an exciting encouter. "cold bloodedly" you could shoot it and get a fine picture.