Challenge # 30 - the winners / die Gewinner

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have only now noticed that you expected the admin or me to give an answer to the questions in this thread.

I'm afraid that my reply will be too long as I have only little time right now. Also please realize that I'm responding in my capacity as an ordinary member of the forum. My reply is not to be taken as official in any way.

This kind of Challenge has been run off and on during five years. The average number of participants during all that time was quite close to ten. If you disregard the first half year, the average attendance even dropped to nine members. That is not much different from the average of the last few Challenges. Bill, the "founder" of this Challenge, deplored even after the first one the small number of participants.

In the light of those facts I'd like to suggest a bit of calm. The average number of participants has roughly remained the same. I think we also can deal with the occasional error in submitting or judging entries; after all, this is the favorite pastime for most participants where we are supposed to relax and enjoy ourselves. Mistakes happen.

I do not think the comparison to the One Challenges particularly useful as those are first and foremost social events, before they are actual challenges, even when there is a prize to be won. First price for me was the chance to meet so many forum members in person.

The Digi-/D-Lux Challenge is defined by a number of parameters, such as choice of the camera, number of entries per contestant, modes of judging and so on. I personally do not believe that changing one or a few of those parameters would result in a perceptibly larger number of contestants or in more fun, for that matter.

The forum has a few tools for spreading information wider and faster than the ordinary thread could possibly achieve. It could be possible to reach many more potential contestants by the timely placement of such notifications. But then, we run the risk of over saturation; we also risk that other groupings or people would want to gain access to such tools. Please keep in mind that we speak of a few dozens of members, if that.

I believe that those who do participate can enjoy themselves even if they remain the elect few. I wish to thank those who do as those challenges make the forum a nice and cosy place to be in.

• 2 weeks later...

Da ja offensichtlich keine Diskussion entsteht wollte ich den Vorschlag machen,

das wir in die nächste Runde gehen.

Indiana hatte uns das Thema ja schon genannt und mich gebeten, wie ich es ihr angeboten hatte, den Durchlauf zu organisieren.

Ich würde das dann, wenn sich ein paar Dankes einfinden oder auch Beiträge zustimmender Weise, in der nächsten Woche in Angriff nehmen.

Da wollte ich eh die Barnack-Challenge anrühren, dann mache ich das quasi in einem Aufwasch:D

Schönes Wochenende

There is no more discussion about the future of the Digilux-Challenge so I would like to suggest starting the next run.

Indiana has already givenus the new topic and she has asked me, as I had offered to her, to organisize this round.

If there would be a few thanks or positive postings, I would like to start the preps next week.

I have to start the Barnack-Challenge anyway, so I could do it more or less together;)

Have a nice weekend

• Like 2

Da ja offensichtlich keine Diskussion entsteht wollte ich den Vorschlag machen,

das wir in die nächste Runde gehen.

Indiana hatte uns das Thema ja schon genannt und mich gebeten, wie ich es ihr angeboten hatte, den Durchlauf zu organisieren.

Ich würde das dann, wenn sich ein paar Dankes einfinden oder auch Beiträge zustimmender Weise, in der nächsten Woche in Angriff nehmen.

Da wollte ich eh die Barnack-Challenge anrühren, dann mache ich das quasi in einem Aufwasch:D

Schönes Wochenende

There is no more discussion about the future of the Digilux-Challenge so I would like to suggest starting the next run.

Indiana has already givenus the new topic and she has asked me, as I had offered to her, to organisize this round.

If there would be a few thanks or positive postings, I would like to start the preps next week.

I have to start the Barnack-Challenge anyway, so I could do it more or less together;)

Have a nice weekend

Eckart, danke, dass Du "den Karren weiter ziehen" willst. Ich bin sicher wieder dabei.

Liebe Grüße nach Berlin

• Like 2

Ich schlage einfach mal vor, dass wir mit dem D-Lux-Challenge nun weitermachen. Für zukünftige Wettbewerbsepisoden biete ich mich an, den einen oder anderen Wettbewerb nach den Themenvorgaben des Siegers zu organisieren, wenn es der Sieger nicht selber machen möchte und es wünscht.

Now I simply suggest to continue the D-Lux Challenge. For future competition episodes, I offer myself to organize a competition or other specifications according to the themes of the winner, if he/she does not want to make himself/herself.

• Like 2