BEST SD card for M ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:p Obviously THIS :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

(8GB... and probably slow... :o...part of the "welcome kit" for journalists by Leica Sport Optik at the recent IWA fair in Nurnberg... a friend of mine was so nice to give me it...)

• Like 1

My friend told me they had dozens as giveaways at the "press event" of the fair... :cool:... it must be a std. customized gadget... :o ; it was even without any proper small case, but was inserted into their other gadget (a strange loden-covered small envelope, with red dot... see another thread http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/other-leica-products/323947-hey-i-even-bought-watch.html ) : btw , the card cointained the Sport Optik new catalogue as well as various tech specs of those products.... which my friend took away before giving me the empty card.

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1

I have Toshiba Exceria 32GB, Sandisk, 30mb as well as the 95mb in speed both in 16GB, they all start up around the same 2.4 to 2.6 second, but when you are on C mode, my other Toshiba 95mb 32GBcard showed some jam and slowness reaction on the M.

I am going to try to Lexar, I heard it is the best of them all...

I only use Transcend memory cards. I'm currently using 16gb and 32gb SDHC 600x. NEVER any issues.

I don't worry about startup times because once I got out shooting my camera stays on, no live view, and auto power off is turned OFF. I keep an extra battery in my bag JIC and extra men cards. I have noticed if you reuse cards over and over they do begin to slow down. Once I fill up a card I tend to just catalog it. Memory cards are cheaper then film!

As I have a fairly leisurely approach to photography I do not worry about start up times so I have a mixture of cards accumulated over the years I have never had any problems with any of them. Currently I am using 8 and 16GB Transcend and Samsung class 10 cards. Normally I copy the images to my computer + backup and then reformat the card in the camera before use.

• 8 years later...