M 240 Actuation Count

simik

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just recently purchased Leica M (240) and I am interested to find out how to retrieve the Actuation Count on the camera. Could someone help? I have searched through multiple Leica forums, ask multiple Leica representatives and yet I have no idea how to retrieve the counter content.

Regards,

Simik:confused:

• Like 1

So, why did they slap a number in there? And, that number is changing.

Is that an encoded number?

Yes, it is encoded and one of the most disrespectful thing Leica has done to its clients.

Sent from my Etcha-sketch.

• Like 2

Leica should include a 4x6 inch notebook and a pencil with each M kit so owners can keep track of shutter actuations. Maybe that will be a $200 option on the second generation M240. :rolleyes:

Why does Leica not want M240 users to know how many shutter actuations their camera accumulates? Or is the secret the number of actuations before it leaves the factory?

I can't see why any M240 buyer would be mad that the camera was tested before it was sent to the dealer...:confused:

Guest redge
I'm not sure how helpful would that number be with a LV camera. If the camera was shooting in LV, every shot count should be doubled, but maybe it was shot in classic mode, how to know? :)

Let alone video mode.

I can see the question from a prospective purchaser coming:

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the M 240 video party?

Edited by redge

Isn't the file number pretty much your actuation count (if you don't use live-view obviously).

"Envoyé depuis mon HTC One X avec Tapatalk"

yes, i suppose that is well and good if you bought it new. What about 2nd hand? u can simply reset file numbers and will never again know the true actuation.

When you review the picture press info button you can see the picture count , i guess this is not you referring to. BTW CAN WE reset this count?

Sent from my GT-I9502 using Tapatalk

yes, in the folder menu, you can reset the numbering. there's a section in the menu called "image numbering" and you can choose to reset it.

• Like 1

It has to basically be irrelevant because of Live-View which opens the shutter every time to activate it and advanced metering which opens it as well and the fact that you get a double shutter action every time you take a shot with LV activated and so on and so on!!!!:);)