Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

mushrooms in February

Advertisement (gone after registration)

this is such a mild winter that one can go to the forest and take pictures of mushrooms even.

This colony was settled on a fallen huge beech tree trunk. There were many of these tiny little mini mushrooms with their little furry bodies crouched and huddled together.

Olympus OMD EM5 with Elmarit R 60 mm macro.

It must be very enjoyable to be able to go into the forest in the middle of winter and make beautiful images like this. Here, it has been frigid for weeks with considerable amounts of snow.

What have we done to our climate?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dee,

thanks for your nice comment. Always nice to read.

Paul,

thanks. It was a tricky little exercise and I am glad it functioned.

Brent,

thanks for this thoughtful Yes, it is strange and weather this year is remarkably different. But I do not think that the blames should be all put on our species. We are responsible for many scars and wounds but I hesitate to believe all the argument about CO2 production of mankind. The volcano activity and the existence of those 10 giant vulcanos (one is below the Yellow Stone National Park and the others around the globe) is dominating much more our climate than mankind can imagine. But I am no expert here on this field but from time to time I listen carefully to what scientists have to say Wht mankind is doing though is bad enough anyway, there you are right.

Beautiful ..... really an artistic composition about those little mushrooms in their winter world , well done , i like it a lot !!

Regards, Gianluca

Gianluca,

thank you so much for a positive response. I am glad that you like it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Useink!
      Flower beds at HW
    • By Iduna
      Leica Q

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

• By Iduna
      Leica Q

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Sailronin
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8764/28161581846_ff0e4c49b5_o.jpg&key=bf353b6c226b65abb262d1ce904e2f602f6d89ddd0c2c4a8a19447370c71d397">  
      Even in paradise, there can still be a "fly in the ointment".

Leica S (006) with 120mm Apo-macro Summarit S
    • By Iduna
      Every year I look forward to the seasons of peonies. We have differetn types in our garden and it is a nice afterwork challenge to find frame and light.

Leica Q