Two lens kit travel combo

colonel

I'm not really into 'two lens' kits as such, but recently I've been using two lenses which to me are iconic of the Leica M philosophy. These are the 35mm pre-aspheric Summilux and the 90/2.8 'lightweight' Tele-Elmarit. Both are small and light and between them they will cover a lot of photography. If I were Leica, I would be thinking about re-releasing both in a lightweight magnesium alloy or similar ultra-light alloy. As a retro pair which are both small and weigh little, these are a great combination, optical flaws accepted.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, OR120 said:
On 5/19/2020 at 9:50 AM, Del-Uks said:

If you don't mind the weight : Leica M & 50mm + Leica Q

This combo will probably be my travel gear for our next trip ---- once we're up and about again.

I did this for a month in Nepal (M240, 50 Summicron and Q). It worked very well.

Pete

Since my earlier post in this thread, I bought a 28mm summaron-m f5.6 to pair with my 50mm elmar-m f2.8 as a compact set for travel.  I used this combination on a trip to Egypt for a couple of weeks in late December/early January.  Both lenses had an equal amount of use  and I'll be taking them again to India later this year, travel restrictions permitting.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2018 at 10:36 AM, feelssadman said:

So this thread is still going on! I just read every single post from the beginning on and I think that the OP has long made his decision but count me to the "28/50" group as well. My GAS, however, tells me to try out a 35 again and use it as a single-lens kit. I'm still not sure about that, it's so tempting.

So after just shy of two years I finally added a 35mm and it stays on my camera most of the time when I'm walking around. (Okay, quite a while ago already to be honest and I'm already looking at something much wider, like 18mm or 15mm. Ah, maybe 12mm.)

I'm either in the 35 all the time or 28/50 camp now.

Edited by feelssadman
  • Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mark T:

Love this thread... and why not dream of travel when most of the world is in lock down!

I am at an airport now and I am by no means the only one. Our flight is fully booked.

Positive aspect of corona: many cities plaqued by mass tourism are now relatively quiet.

Edited by stephan54
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've struggled a lot over this - really balancing lenses I love versus what I use and filter size.

I LOVE the 50 summicron v4.  But I never use it - compared to a 35.

I also LOVE the 90 Elmar, but the frame lines are too small!

For walking around - 35mm summaron or 35mm cron apsh (depending whether i want "character"  or not)

For travel - 35mm Summilux Apsh and 75mm Summarit(both 46mm filter size and similar rendering).

Edited by rcusick
  • Like 1

2 of 3 cameras will make up my next travel kit (whenever that is): CL, M4-P, and M10.

probably the CL with the 11-22 and 55-135, and then the M10 with the 50 Lux ASPH, and maybe the 35 or 24.

But I really, really want to be impractical and carry the M4-P and the M10 with those 3 M lens plus the 135 f/4. That's the romantic in me. Realistically, I need to go all digital and have a camera with autofocus.