Two lens kit travel combo

colonel

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Occasionally I go out with two lenses. Depending on my mood, where I am and also maybe who I'm with, those might be 21SEM and 50/1.4 ASPH or 35/1.4 ASPH and 75 (f/2 or f/1.4) or WATE and MATE. Usually though I go out with either one or three (or more) lenses. If it's just one, it's a 50. 50 Nickel Elmar, 50 Elmar M, 50/1.4 ASPH or Noctilux f/1. I don't have an f/2 at this time. Or it's a 35; usually then it's the v4 Summicron.

But mostly it's 2 bodies and 4 lenses; maybe 21, 35, 50, 75 'luxes or WATE, MATE, 35/1.4 ASPH and 90 macro or maybe a 90 pre-AA.

2 lenses means there's a dense lump in my pocket, so I might as well take a little bag, so then I might as well put at least one other lens in there. 21-35-75. Tidy.

Biggest problem with a second lens in a pocket is when you go indoors (say, a restaurant), and have to check or hang your jacket.  A dangling camera may be OK, but where to put that second lens? (Dubious jokes anticipated here...).  So, I´m with Henning.

Edited by elgenper

13 hours ago, henning said:

Occasionally I go out with two lenses. Depending on my mood, where I am and also maybe who I'm with, those might be 21SEM and 50/1.4 ASPH or 35/1.4 ASPH and 75 (f/2 or f/1.4) or WATE and MATE. Usually though I go out with either one or three (or more) lenses. If it's just one, it's a 50. 50 Nickel Elmar, 50 Elmar M, 50/1.4 ASPH or Noctilux f/1. I don't have an f/2 at this time. Or it's a 35; usually then it's the v4 Summicron.

But mostly it's 2 bodies and 4 lenses; maybe 21, 35, 50, 75 'luxes or WATE, MATE, 35/1.4 ASPH and 90 macro or maybe a 90 pre-AA.

2 lenses means there's a dense lump in my pocket, so I might as well take a little bag, so then I might as well put at least one other lens in there. 21-35-75. Tidy.

A wheelbarrow might be more useful to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lately, I treat myself well with three "very-old-light-small-in-chrome-but-great-afterall" :

Monochrom loves them 😄

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2014 at 11:10 AM, earleygallery said:

35 & 90. Not much you can't cover with those two.

that's what I recently took out west to the Grand Canyon. 

these were taken with an M10, 35mm lux fle and 90mm cron apo

when the 35 wasn't wide enough I hand held 5 shot panoramas

https://richardnlipow.com/utah-arizona-and-nevada

Edited by richardlipow
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...