Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know a lot of people don't like it but here is a photo taken with a M8 and the Voigtlander Nokton 1.4. Has always worked just fine for me.

Edited by Jerren
I know a lot of people don't like it but here is a photo taken with a M8 and the Voigtlander Nokton 1.4. Has always worked just fine for me.

a nice photo, Jerren.....but i hate all the noise that the Voigtlander 1.4 gives....the bokeh is really gross and messy----even in your photo it's doing that. It's part of the reason i sold mine almost immediately after getting a 40mm Summicron. I also never found the Voigtlander to be sharp enough----it always feels like the details are too vague.

I agree on the 35mm summarit, I love it's rendering, it's 'cheap' and great and small and just wow!

sometimes I like the results over the 35mm Summicron-M ASPH. it's more a classic rendering, I like it!

Such snobbery here... Some of us have realised that Zeiss, Voigtlander and others produce better glass. But the blind worship of Solms and the desire to rubbish all else to feel better about one's expenditure knows no bounds.

Sad.

Sent from another Galaxy

'snobbery' isn't classified as people giving their opinions, as an FYI. I think you're confusing that with people offering opinions you don't like. LOL at the rash hyperbolic spaz-out, like the one above...

"better glass"....haha. whatever makes you happy, man!

Edited by iedei
... LOL at the rash hyperbolic spaz-out, like the one above...

Ah, that explains everything. You will find over time as you grow and mature that it is un-necessary to express your approval for, or enthusiastic agreement with, product or opinion X by EVERY TIME crudely rubbishing product or opinion Y.

Of course it does require a little more eloquence, maturity and respect for the views and experience of others, but it pays dividends by giving your own opinions more weight than simply "It stinks, man!"

Try it. "I think X is better because..." Instead of "LoL dude, you is mental and your mum uses a Casio..."

Sent from another Galaxy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Still in great shape Bill

For comparos on film:

Decisive Momentum: Leica 40mm Summicron-C vs. CV 40mm Nokton

http://ferider.smugmug.com/gallery/2727734_MNe74#145826751_rJ9m83z

Gentlemen, Gentlemen. No need to go back and forth to prove a point. Simply post images from the lens(es) you suggest he consider. I think that is the best way to help this brother out.

And not all Voigtlander 35 1.4 images have to be a bokehlicous mess. I tend to shoot at f8-11 most of the time anyway Here is another I shot using the m2.

This shows the lens can also show signs of sharpness as well. Just depends on your application I suppose.

I'd suggest reading reviews and searching for images taken by all of the lenses you are considering

Edited by Jerren
  • 3 weeks later...

finally I got a Summicron-C 40mm (modify to show 35mm frame line), and I feel that is amazing! perfect fit my M8.2, and smart looking! all function well, focusing no problem, and I feel there are not much difference between the 40mm and 35mm angle on my M8, just crop very very little bit, and the images quality also amazing, sharp enough and wonderful colour! I love so much with this Lens, thank you guys!

finally I got a Summicron-C 40mm (modify to show 35mm frame line), and I feel that is amazing! perfect fit my M8.2, and smart looking! all function well, focusing no problem, and I feel there are not much difference between the 40mm and 35mm angle on my M8, just crop very very little bit, and the images quality also amazing, sharp enough and wonderful colour! I love so much with this Lens, thank you guys!

Well done.

I've just been out today with mine on the M240.

• 1 month later...

Nokton 35/1.4 SC, I need budget fast lens

But planning to change to..hmmmm Sumicron 35/2 Version IV ...

Edited by jazzwave
add
Most Leica M starters (M8 or M9) that buy a non-Leica lens to start with, will buy a real Leica lens

within the first 6 months after their first Leica purcashe!

It is called LEICA-GAS!

John

+1

... sometimes before 6 months

do not forget that 35 is approximately 50mm on M8.

Henry

look at this thread of my last mission in SE-Asia :

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/landscape-travel/325507-pictures-mission.html

most of the pictures are taken with a 35mm and M8

Edited by Doc Henry
+1

... sometimes before 6 months

do not forget that 35 is approximately 50mm on M8.

Henry

look at this thread of my last mission in SE-Asia :

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/landscape-travel/325507-pictures-mission.html

most of the pictures are taken with a 35mm and M8

Oh, no. The clock is ticking for me. Would renting count?

I wanted a 35mm to give me back the "normal" focal length between the summicron 50 and summicron 28. My Dad gave me an old Jupiter 12, which was an eronomic nightmare, so I then got a CV 35 1.4. Love that lens. Yes the Bokeh is a bit wild, but I really like the layout of the focus tab and aperture tabs. Great lens.

hi, I am looking for a 35mm lens for M8, (I can't afford the summilux) do you have any recommend?

and if the lenses are the same focal and diaphragm, what is the mainly difference between these brands: leica, zeiss, voigtlander?

Sounds to me like your first choice would be the Summilux, if it wasn't for the price.

So imo the Voigty 1.2/35 with its shortcomings in the corners wide open, which are secondary on the M8, might suit you. I love the pictures, they're very unlike the Nokton's, practically like a sharp 1.0 Noctilux

And unlike many other Cosina lenses from the Voigtlaender series it has a solid built and there are less "sample variations" (= poor performers).

If f:2.8 is all you need, I'd suggest the Summarit. It is sharper than the 50mm Summarit and flare-free compared to the two Aspherical Leica lenses, regardless of their price.

"Rendering" ?? Haven't noticed. Sold my 2/35A and never reconsidered, because the only way to tell pictures taken with my new 35mm is the fact, that they are flare-free.

Finaly some people are very pleased with their 35mm Color Scopar, but I gave up on my luck after three copies of this model.