Sign in to follow this  
natysmith

Hello! I´m new at this forum

Hello Natalia & Hamad,

Welcome to the Forum. Both.

Natalia,

Is it posible to see some other photos of this camera without the case? Also, from various sides & top & bottom?

Best Regards,

Michael

Looks like a retro Leica or Zenith the Russian camera

Looks to be a Model A or B 'hockey stick' Leica body with a fixed 50mm f/3.5 Leitz Elmar lens but without more pictures it's hard to be certain.

Mods: would you very kindly relocate this thread to the Leica Collectors and Historica sub forum where it'll be seen by those with particular expertise please?

Pete.

Edited by farnz

Hi, looks like genuine IA, early, four digit SN. Low profile wind button, smaller font on Elmar ring, 50mm. However technical status very questionable, missing screws on lens flange, rewind button seem to be bent. Leather case from model III.

More photos desirable.

Edited by jerzy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not in too good shape, but probably genuine. In that case worth putting in working order.

Me too think it's an original Leica I... not rare but in a version that neither is common (and not a typical Leica to fake) ; an item of great historical importance, which is very close to its 90th birthday...

; surely worths to be cleaned and lubricated, with care.

What about provenance? There could be an interesting story there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By amost
      You Tube VideoHello everyone!
      I am back with another mod. 
      This time I converted my Leica CL into a full spectrum camera to use it for infrared photography.
      Here is a time-lapse video. I will soon post some photos from the camera.
      Hope you like it.
      Video
    • By chris_tribble
      If you've just got yourself a new M10 (or haven't been getting out enough of late!) the following might inspire:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2017/jul/13/leica-the-camera-that-freed-the-world-in-pictures

https://www.magnumphotos.com/category/theory-and-practice/ (not just to do with Leica of course - but some stimulating articles!)  And hey - I hope we're photographers first and Leica owners second...

It's only a tool, it's only a tool, it's only a tool ...
    • By morganz
      Hi All
      Could you please help in identifying this model? A google search has not been fruitful. This is the only image I have so far.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • Guest polygamer
      By Guest polygamer
      Hi, liebe Leute, erst mal tief durchatmen ...

Die SONY NEXen sind jetzt schon eine Weile auf dem Markt und mit der neuen Firmware stabil und ausgereift. Als Backup für die M9 bieten sie sich an, weil alle Objektive mit M Bajonett funktionieren, allerdings mit 1,5 facher Brennweite.

Die NEX ist ein hübsches, kompaktes Maschinchen, von der Haptik ein wenig wie die ROLLEI 35. Es gibt zwei Modelle, die NEX-3 und die NEX-5. Letztere hat ein hochwertigeres Geäuse, und kann HD Videos, ansonsten keine Unterschiede, bis auf den Preis. Den NEX-3 Body habe ich ich für 300 EURO bei ebay gekauft, die 5er ist rund 100 EURO teurer.

Die NEX ist leicht in Betrieb zu nehmen, und zu bedienen. Die Bildparameter habe ich im Creative Mode bei Kontrast auf +1, Farbsättigung +1 und Schärfe +2 eingestellt.

Besorgte Leica Photographen fragen sich natürlich, was ihre Leica Objektive empfinden, wenn sie mit dem Body der NEX in Berührung kommen.

Keine Sorge, da ist noch ein Adapter dazwischen,(von enjoyyourcamera für ca. 70 EURO bei mir),

beruhigt polygamer, und empfiehlt die NEX.
    • By yst
      A D-Lux3 capture...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy