More pics from Paris

volk65

What a flattering compliment! My favorite master of photography :)

Several months ago I visited Foundation HCB here in Paris. He used to live in the adjacent building. They didn't have a good collection of HCB as the foundation is mostly for the exhibitions of HCB Award winners but the attendant told me that this year there will be a major HCB exhibition in Centre Pompidou.

The lanternshot is absolutely epic. Could have been a H.C. Bresson
  • Like 1

Some beautifully caught moments and an excellent sense of both reportage and irony, woven in and out of the images.

My particular favourite has to be #5 (the footballer up the lamppost) which IMHO could make an excellent exhibit in almost any gallery - I've seen him doing the tricks before but never go up the lamppost...:eek:, the images of the off duty chef and the man amongst the striped plinths are also very engaging.

Congratulations on some great images and I hope that we'll be able to see some more soon.

Ps. You might find that if you put slightly fewer images in one thread (simply do two or three 'smaller' posts instead on one 'big' one), it would help people 'digest' them and comment. Just a thought but keep up the great work.

• Like 1

I bought my X2 seven months ago and it turned out to be a milestone in my street photography. Until now I selected 24 photos that I thought deserving of prints. I sent them to Ilford Labs UK for silver gelatin prints and the results are not bad. I shared most of them here. I will follow your recommendation - and surely I will not wait for another 7 months :) - and post as I continue to take more pics. Thank you!

Ps. You might find that if you put slightly fewer images in one thread (simply do two or three 'smaller' posts instead on one 'big' one), it would help people 'digest' them and comment. Just a thought but keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Thanks. Maybe this is better.

I think you need to import that photo into photoshop and use the channels to create a proper mask using the dodge and burn tools. It is in fact easier to do this before the image is converted into monochrome. Using a brush tool to burn in a sky is far too inaccurate and leaves this horrible halo.

If you are handy with the pen or quick selection tool you could also create a mask that would prevent the sky looking unnatural.

One of the fundamental building blocks of digital editing is selection and masking. It really pays off to learn how to do them properly.

• Like 1