Black Summicron Collapsible

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is the bidder of the final price of US $ 16,100 with 964 transactions not more of a dealer? The initials s .. h are not unknown to the worldwide Leica trade, but of course this could all be purely coincidental ... Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

This is a doubt I have too, but I really am NOT in the "ebay ecosystem" so things that look odd to me can be normal for others... my view is that the well known specialized auction houses (and Vienna at the top, probably) have a "selling power" that exceeds the "reaching power" of ebay, but they ask also higher fees (I think) and do pretend sureness for what they sell , expecially for rare items : in this case, much of the originality is tied to the warranty card (the item in itself can surely b

Lot of fun !!! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

I was surprised .... the seller is a woman for (Third_Man_Cameras) Hmmmmm ??? ...... I emailed the seller and I told her that there is plenty of doubt on some forums concerning the lens and its authenticity. I asked her how she knew it was legitimate and if she had other items coming soon. This was her reply .......

"Hello, yes I know that there are plenty of skeptics. It's not fake. I have been selling on eBay since 1999, I have perfect feedback and take pride in keeping it that way. I don't believe a fake Leica lens would look like the one Im selling, nor would it get much attention. Fake items look fake. Every time I post a black Leica item I get a ton of emails from people who worry greatly that is a fake and I have sent reply's just like this to many of them. I cannot blame you for being careful. I never thought the item would go as high as it has. The original guarantee is the only hard proof I have. Look at the lens though, the pictures are clear, proof is in the pudding I say, and I offer the buyer 14 days to review the item before they are committed to keeping it. I understand if this is not sufficient for you. I acquired the lens and many other black Leica items from a gentleman I met through a friend, of a friend, from the LHSA. I purchased his entire collection. I have coming soon a Summicron Dual Range in black with original box and also a Leica M2 in black and also a Leica M3 in black with original box and also black Summicron Rigid. Thank you for looking at the auction, I hope you are having a great holiday. Be well, Jennifer"

That reply would have reassured me if I was a potential bidder.

I've said I thought the lens is genuine, everything from the wear on the paintwork to the colour, it all looks authentic and it has none of the usual signs of 'over efficient' fakery or the usual mistakes. I mean, it has a black mount, chemically blackened brass, not paint, why go to that much trouble to fake it if people are going to question it? Such a reply isn't the usual aggressive rant you get asking about obvious fakes, and with a fourteen day return period, Ebay protection, PayPal protection, I can't see what is being hidden or is scary (if you have the pocket money).

Steve

The original guarantee is the only hard proof I have.

Exactly the point expressed in my previous posts (#7 and 20) ... guarantee card is the key to all, given that it looks referring (not too clearly) to a black lens... Should I bid for this lens at such a high price, I would ask for >14 days... it would take longer to verify authenticy of the guarantee card, I think...

Edited by luigi bertolotti

It's interesting to note that the p&p is $172. If that includes insurance (and at that price I'd hope it would) how do they know how much to insure the lens for before the lot sells?

For $172 I think I'd expect the lens to be hand-delivered by a full SWAT team.

Pete.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well there you are my 2sec sniper showed up

With a feedback of 1 biding $16,000, as a seller that would have worried me, outbid by one of the two who drove the price up.

Let's see what turns up next at that price it can't be long.

Is the bidder of the final price of US $ 16,100 with 964 transactions not more of a dealer?

The initials s .. h are not unknown to the worldwide Leica trade, but of course this could all be purely coincidental ...

Well there you are my 2sec sniper showed up

With a feedback of 1 biding $16,000, as a seller that would have worried me, outbid by one of the two who drove the price up. ...

Perhaps the snipe was actually a successful shill.

Pete.

Maybe, but for another $100 ?

Actually another $600 I think, Chris; s***h's winning bid was placed yesterday so the potential shill bid pushed s***h's leading bid up by a further $600. I suppose that's the risk with shilling (never been involved with it so I'm guessing:o) not over-shilling so that you end up winning the bid but enough that you push the leader's price up and pocket the extra dosh.

Pete.

Actually another $600 I think, Chris; s***h's winning bid was placed yesterday so the potential shill bid pushed s***h's leading bid up by a further $600. I suppose that's the risk with shilling (never been involved with it so I'm guessing:o) not over-shilling so that you end up winning the bid but enough that you push the leader's price up and pocket the extra dosh.

Pete.

...in comparison we are still speaking about few nuts:)

cheers.

Actually another $600 I think, Chris; s***h's winning bid was placed yesterday so the potential shill bid pushed s***h's leading bid up by a further $600

Pete.

I see that now, never been involved but I can see how it works. Risky though but I suppose they can always go to second chance if they happen to but it hence a low feedback account, no risk just delete it, what a game!!

I've lost a few to the snipers but always over my definite top bid so no regrets and always small stuff as I find the dealers offer better prices and service, those that are left

I see further back a couple of bidders with zero feedback, also pushing the price, at that point?

Edited by chris_livsey