Beggar in Germany

janni_m73

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Testing the Monochrom... with Summicron 35mm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

If you want to do this type of street, you either do it properly or not do anything at all.

IMO, the image has to hit the viewer right in the stomach.

If you manage to do this, then you have have succeeded in sending an important message.

• Like 5

Thank you for your thoughts and criticism on this specific photograph folks!

I am fully aware that this is a photograph taken in a very controversial manner and yes indeed, with a very expensive camera, which I didn't buy after all... But that's not my point. I know that my photography is highly political, rarely beautiful and often in a sort of snapping-away style. The point I am trying to make here is that the way I have taken this photograph of this poor man in the street is the way most people perceive beggars unfortunately today.

Thank you for your thoughts and criticism on this specific photograph folks!

I am fully aware that this is a photograph taken in a very controversial manner and yes indeed, with a very expensive camera, which I didn't buy after all... But that's not my point. I know that my photography is highly political, rarely beautiful and often in a sort of snapping-away style. The point I am trying to make here is that the way I have taken this photograph of this poor man in the street is the way most people perceive beggars unfortunately today.

The fact is, you described this as a camera and lens "test" shot.

There is a total disconnect between your earlier description and your now explanation.

The fact is, you described this as a camera and lens "test" shot.

There is a total disconnect between your earlier description and your now explanation.

Ups! Sorry for this "misunderstanding" :D Testing this camera was just a coincidence whilst taking this photograph...

This looks like a shot "from the hip", not really going down to an eye to eye level, but also not from above, like most people perceive beggars. So (to me) your explanation doesn't work. This is the way hobby photographers try to catch a difficult subject of matter. In a way a quickly stolen picture. I see your dilemma.

To make the story of this photograph complete, now tell the rest: Instead of buying the camera, you donated a good part of the saved money to the "model". Oh what a moral mace, sorry :rolleyes: