moon with halo - an attempt

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I saw coming home a promising moon showing itself above the trees. I started running for my stuff. When tripod and lens were mounted the moon had risen a but further of course. but it was still surrounded by clouds.

taken with Canon 5D MKII + Telyt 250 mm. It is a stack out of 5 pictures by Combine ZP after processing in LR and layer work in PSE.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Usually they are formed by ice crystals in very high clouds and are really neat to see. I usually bracket the moon but start with a "sunny 16" rule. It's like a beach in bright sun, of course, almost everything else goes way dark. A fast sequence with a HDR composite works.

Great sky and the halo is beautiful!

I saw coming home a promising moon showing itself above the trees. I started running for my stuff. When tripod and lens were mounted the moon had risen a but further of course. but it was still surrounded by clouds.

taken with Canon 5D MKII + Telyt 250 mm. It is a stack out of 5 pictures by Combine ZP after processing in LR and layer work in PSE.

[ATTACH]413301[/ATTACH]

very nice shot

Karl,

thank you very much for your nice and very informative comment. I thought about bracketing but the situation changed so quickly it was all in a haste. But I have one dark version I'll try something.

Quan, Stuart,

thank you for looking at this attempt.

Paul,

yes, it is very often worthwhile looking at its different stages. I'll keep an eye on it more often now.