What does one need for a Novoflex?

Dikaiosune01

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm getting confused with all the various parts in a novoflex. The contact information is in german only, and I don't know if I need to type in my name or my email in the respective fields. So I'm appealing to the members on this forum for guidance.

I'm considering a novoflex; and would like a little guidance through their plethora of acessories and attachments.

My purposes:

(1) macro bellows with M lenses

(2) Slide copy for 35mm film and 6x6 film

My questions:

- What kind of mounts, adapters, bellows, adapters, etc do I need to make this happen?

Thank you

Hello Dikaiosune01,

Welcome to the Forum.

The lines, top to bottom, are:

Family (last) name

First name

Company name (if appropriate)

Street address

Town

Country

If you try the "search" or "wiki" icons at the top of this page you should be able to find a number of explanatory diagrams of various adapter, bellows, etc combinations.

Many Leitz/Leica adapters, bellows, etc from years ago are still usable today.

I would put an explanatory diagram here for you if I knew more about using computers which, unfortunately, I don't.

Best Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

Novoflex homepage in English: Novoflex - Home

Umm, yes—the contact page hasn't been translated.

Nachname = family name

Vorname = first name

Firma = company

Straße = street

PLZ Stadt = postal code, city

Land = country

Email = e-mail

Telefon = phone number

Bemerkungen = comments

Sicherheitscode = security code (captcha)

Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory; the others, optional. Don't ask me why they consider the company field mandatory ... just enter a dot or something when you're not a company. Or better yet, avoid the contact form altogether and just send a simple e-mail to the address given on that contact page.

Edited by 01af

The most common Novoflex Bellows to be found is one with a 39mm x 0.5mm LTM thread at each end. Male thread at the back and female at the front. It will fit directly on the front of an M camera as long as you put an LTM to LEM adapter ring on it, making sure it is ring without a cut out over the LED’s. You can also fit it in front of a Visoflex but why would you on an M240? An LTM or LEM extension tube would make more sense.

At the front you can then fit any LTM lens or a lens head which unscrews from its focusing body to leave a 39mm LTM thread. There are various adapters (LEIMAR and LEIEL for example), which allow lenses with a 33mm x 0.5mm thread, e.g. the 65mm Elmar-V or the 135mm Tele-Elmar head (although this also has a 39mm thread further down the head) to be fitted on the front of the bellows. The LEIEL is a flat adapter which mounts the 33mm thread lens on the front of the bellows. The LEIMAR is a “top hat” adapter, which allows the lens to be mounted, recessed into the front of the bellows.

This set up makes for an excellent macro maker with the M240 and extremely accurate focusing is available, using the 10X zoom and focus peaking, with the micrometer focus adjustment on the bellows. Look here for a photo of my M240, Novoflex bellows and 135 Tele-Elmar head. http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m-type-240/309168-live-view-visoflex-macro-focus-peaking.html#post2559659

Wilson