Please help me identify this handgrip

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

this is my first post, and I am glad to have found this community.

I am rather new to the leica world and I would appreciate some help on this simple issue:

I was looking all over the web for a handgrip for my m6TTL, and I have found only one that I find acceptable in terms of looks and shape, but unfortunately I was unable to find any information on where it can be obtained or even who the manufacturer is.

The handgrip I am talking about is this one.

any hints?

thanks a lot in advance,

raimund

Edited by kray

It was called the GMP M-Grip. You might find a used one on eBay but it won't be easy.

You can read about the history of GMP here: The History of Photo Equip | Photo Equip

Although not quite the same, the company that eventually developed out of GMP is called Photo-Equip and they make the ML Grip for the film M bodies; it's not the same design (although functionally is a bit better overall.)

btw, welcome to the forum. There are still a lot of film M users around.....

Edited by CalArts 99
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AdHox
      I added the Leica handgrip to my CL but I've been surprised at how flexible the grip is. The base seems quite solid, but there is definite movement at the top of the grip; it's just not as reassuringly solid as I expected. Is it just me?
      And then there's the finger loop, which I've never liked the look of, but I was persuaded to try. Actually quite nice, but how do you stop it from working loose from the grip?
    • By HarleyTusk
      When a web site like Bhphotovideo.com or Adorama.com sell Leica products like: leather cases,  thumb support or a Leica wrist strap. The site claims all these items are compatible for a Leica M10. If I purchase an M10-P will all of these items still fit the M10-P? Nothing on these large consumer sites have anything marketed to the M10-P.
      So will these products fit the M10-P?
      thanks,
      Robert
    • By twogun
      Over the years I have been fortunate to be able to work and save some extra money to pursue my serious hobby of photography. During this time I've acquired an M2, M4 Black Chrome, M4-P and M6 TTL. All bodies are in excellent condition and used regularly on rotation. 
      But now .....I'm lusting after an MP Black Paint since I prefer to have a meter - - It's is not a logical thought process. Why get an MP when I already have the combined functions of an MP in all my current bodies? .......and If I decide to get it I will have to sell a few bodies to fund it fully.  So at the end would it be worth it going with an MP and sacrificing the older bodies for it?  I know this is such an objective question - and everyone's circumstances are different and I might be going thru an episode of "GAS" but looking for opinions to keep me out of it or going thru with getting an MP .
    • By nameBrandon
      Just wanted to share a find I'd made recently. When I travel, I'll sometimes pack away my Domke bag in a checked suitcase since they mash down pretty well. I'll then bring my M10 and a few lenses in my carry on backpack with my laptop, headphones, etc.. (which is not a photography backpack). I'd been looking for a good padded 'sleeve' for the M10 for a while, and finally found one on Amazon. It fits even with the thumb grip attached. All for $8 USD.
      This is the product link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJMM65D and the full product description since I'm sure the URL will change for someone reading this years from now.. "LENTION Storage Pouch Bag Case for Accessories (Laptop Power Adapter, Wireless Mouse, Phone Charger, Cellphone, Power Bank, Travel Cable Organizer) - Dark Gray".
      Attaching some images so you can see how well this fits (thumb grip is attached in these photos).

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By H.Schmidt
      Liebe Forumsmitglieder,
      nach längerem Suchen stelle ich fest, daß es zu meiner Frage (s. Title) keine kurze und knackige Antwort gibt. Es ufert oft aus mit den Statements bishin zu der Frage "Warum will man mit einer Leica überhaupt blitzen." 😳. Könnte evtl. jemand von den Experten einfach nur eine kurze Aufstellung posten, mit welchen Blitzen man die TTL-Funktion der M6 TTL nutzen kann.
      Danke schonmal
      Hartmut