Leica Olympus OM adapter

tgm

I just got aware of an inexpensive Leica M Olympus OM adapter from

Pixco, I guess it is a Chinese brand:

New Olympus OM Mount Lens To Leica M LM Adapter M9 M6 M7 M8 M5 Ricoh GXR-M A12 | eBay

Does anybody has experience? What are the alternatives?

best regards

Thomas

I have an OM to M mount adapter. Can't remember where I bought it.

It works fine on the M-240.

What camera will you be using it on?

I have used a Tokina 17mm (Olympus mount) with a Chinese OM to M adapter on my M9 and the results have been good provided the lens is stopped down; it is soft wide open. None of the images show edge shading and any vignetting is easily adjusted. I sold my 15mm CV.

I have been trying to buy an Olympus Zuiko 21mm but the prices they fetch are unreal.:)

Philip

I have used a Tokina 17mm (Olympus mount) with a Chinese OM to M adapter on my M9 and the results have been good provided the lens is stopped down; it is soft wide open.

Philip

Interesting, but why are the images soft? Aren't they focussed correctly? Does the Chinese adapter fixes the lens like to te camera body the Novoflex adapter?

Thomas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The lens gives soft images wide open. I have read this as a criticism elsewhere. I never tried it on my OM10 (sold earlier) so have no experience of it on another camera.

At f5.6 it's fine, don't believe it's a focus problem. I usually photograph buildings with it, focussed on infinity. It's a 17mm lens so depth of field is considerable.

The only Chinese adapter that gave me a problem was one of two to fit Nikon lenses on an M9. One adapter was thinner than the other and gave very out-of-focus images.

The other works fine with a Nikkor 28mmPC shift lens on my M9 but I have to say that when I use the lens shifted to get in the top of a building I stop down to f8 or f11, because shift lenses, like wide field lenses on a 5x4 view camera, are focussed wide open but need stopping down for sharpness.

Hope somebody finds this helpful.

Philip:)