bla

M8raw2dng - Tool to convert Leica M8 RAW files to DNG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Which longest times can be used in "JPG Fine + RAW"-mode, until one will notice on the display an image number as "L1039237.BIA", but no image will be seen?

How do you open a ".BIA" file?
Last night this error occurred at times longer than 1/12 second.
Today when trying to repeat this error, it startet at times of 1/4 second or longer.
In both cases the battery was about half full.

The ".BIA" file is a measurement made by the camera and used for noise reduction. If you want to see it, rename it as a ".RAW" file so that M8RAW2DNG processes it into a DNG. It is a "Dark Frame" exposure that the camera uses for a non-uniformity correction. For most purposes, it just slows down write time for raw mode as M8RAW2DNG has a separate "-SD" switch for non-uniformity correction. Arvid did an incredible job with NUC when you use "-SD" to generate the correction and '-s' to apply it.

http://m8raw2dng.de/help/sensor/

Dear all,

I'm just start to use it and try to follow this topic guide in the website, I'm used 3-4 days for learn and try to apply on my M8 files,

Now My M8 had the problem about the 2 vertical lines in every ISO at 2661,196 2661,2623 and more one lines is 3464,667 3464,2620.

and now after I follow the "Tool + Droplet installation" and completed droplet RAW+JPD action and show new DNG file already.

and now I want to fix the thing in this list :
1. need output files in 14 bit
2. fix the 2 lines vertical
3. darkfield correction.

Please you show me the command I must to type in line set Params?

Thank you so much

I just purchased an M8 I would love this tool but the website is suspended any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 49 Minuten schrieb tjh1023:

I just purchased an M8 I would love this tool but the website is suspended any help would be appreciated.

Tim

m8raw2dng-droplet.app.zip
M8raw2dng – Tool to convert Leica M8 RAW files to DNG » Sensor.pdf
Hope this helps a little bit.
But handling wasn't easy, even when Arvid, as the programmer, still supported it.
I'm glad that I got rid of the annoying button dance.

38 minutes ago, mnutzer said:

M8raw2dng – Tool to convert Leica M8 RAW files to DNG » Sensor.pdf
Hope this helps a little bit.
But handling wasn't easy, even when Arvid, as the programmer, still supported it.
I'm glad that I got rid of the annoying button dance.

m8raw2dng-droplet.app.zip 55.28 kB · 1 download

Thank You mnutzer.

I never came to grips with getting the blasted thing to work. I guess I am a computer idiot. To make it work for dunderheads like me it needed a proper installer and  GUI "front end" to be built so it was more plug and play - install the software in a directory and then just run it by clicking when you need it like any other program short cut on a computer desktop. To make matters worse the pushing of a special sequence of buttons on the M8 necessary after  the camera was turned off then on again was tiresome and galling. This could not be helped unless someone managed to hack the firmware but no one ever did. I kept hoping!

So I forgot about it. A great idea but compromised by having it in a package that was ungainly and for some like me totally unusable. What is a "droplet" anyway? A small drip perhaps! And how on earth do you get the proper syntax for the command line to run the program when installing it. I must have tried 20 times with different combinations of words and letters. 

Edited by peterm1_Leica

Does anyone actually have the whole zip for download?  The link above only contains the droplet...but I need the actual *app*.  

Any links appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark