Question:   I understand that my grip on the camera is important for keeping the camera steady for slow shutterspeeds. How do I hold my camera properly?   Answer:   There is of course a variation in users' ability to handhold slow shutter speeds, as there is individual variation in the steadiness of people's hands, but holding the camera correctly should enable anyone to shoot at speeds of 1/15 or even much slower with a 35 mm lens.   1. Hold out the left hand like you are begging (not hard after just buying Leica gear;)) 2. Hold the camera in the palm of your hand and focus with thumb and index finger. 3. Hold the camera firmly with your right hand and put your finger flat on the collar and release button. Relax that finger.   You'll find that just the slightest "rolling" twitch of your finger will release the camera without shake.   The most common mistakes are a waving left elbow and above all!! a crooked index finger that does not rest on the collar around the release button. Don't jab the release!   The use of a soft release will make your grip on the camera less stable. It may be comfortable in use, but for slow shutter speeds remove it.   This, of course, works for me and is not a law for others Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. ?       The images show the wrong way (top) to hold the camera and the right way (bottom). Note that I am using a handgrip here, but its presence makes no difference in the slow speed holdability. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.