Disappointed with the new M240 Box

Rick

I also held onto the original shipping label & packing peanuts as I heard my M box would lose value otherwise.

What color peanuts did everyone get?

My dealer told me green was standard, but he would upgrade me to white at no charge. I was very happy about that since it would match the box color better.

Though in the end I was pretty disappointed in the peanuts.

Well, I'm going to skip this box and wait for the next generation box. Also... Why couldn't Leica just name the new box the M10 box?

Oh and my biggest gripe by far: my box beeps while opening. You can hear it when you open it in a completely quiet environment. Leica tells me boxes shouldn't beep, so I encourage all boxowners to send back their beeping boxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's rumoured that there's going to be a new box, but there is already considerable disappointment amongst those in the know, because there are no significant improvements, only cosmetic changes, mainly the card elements having multiple coatings rather than being singly coated.

I find the Cardboard Cut Diagonally, or CCD box has the classic Leica Box look. The new Cardboard Made Of Sheets, or CMOS box, while you can see it better in low light, just doesn't have that classic Leica Box look. I've studied carefully with a magnifying glass, the walls look a little green to me.

Best,

Steve

The box might be an issue, but worse is that the paper compression on user guide is not improved from M9. Its still at 50% compression due to print on both sides of paper. Its not even lossless since I already have lost mine.

Edited by flyalf
typos
  • Like 1

Never mind the box, for me the point is the little cloth sacks with the Leica logo. I plan to use them as Christmas presents to my 2 favourite Leica friends, filled with nuts, chocolates and candied fruit. Of course, I will have to ask for the sacks to be returned after the contents have been consumed. I will then launder them, and reuse them for Christmas 2014 and so on, until I need to sell the M. Thus, having protected my box, and regularly laundered my sack(s), my residuals will be thoroughly protected.

• Like 1