Wetzlar Night Challenge

andybarton

And here are the results of the Night Challenge. No prize money here, just for fun, of course.

The Winning shot was Nr 2 "Foggy crossing of the old Wetzlar bridge" by John Amiet.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Second was Nr 5 "Shooting the bridge" by Robert Parker

Third was Nr 11 "Bridge" (I see a theme developing here...) by Simon Leech

A really good set this - congratulations to all who took part.

• Like 9

Well done Robert and Simon for "snapping at my heels", sorry, couldn't resist that line. I would have been pleased to call either of your pictures mine. I guess we join a line of Wetzlar Bridge photographers, with a notable beginning. :D

I must say other entrants in the Night Challenge did remarkably well, and but for the foibles of voting the result could easily have changed. Congratulations to all who gave it a damn good shot.

• Like 4

:DThank you John and Pete for your kind comments and to Andy for such a dilligent job in organising.

It's great to be on the leader board for once :D and I wonder if it's the first time that an X2 (my shot was taken with the X2 Paul Smith Special, handheld at 0,5s) has featured in the top three of The Challenge

The image was taken while Dan, Simon and I were at the waters edge by the bridge and features Dan setting up a shot.

Best regards to all for a great competition

Yippee!!! :D

R.

• Like 3

My best congratulations to John, Robert, and Simon for their excellent contributions, to all the other night-owls, who joined and to Andy for organizing the Night Challenge as well.

Some after-dinner shooting goes well after the after-dinner espresso. :-)

Stefan

• Like 2

Congratulations to John, Robert and Simon ! Braving the cold mist, the penetrating humidity, the shadows where one knows not what could lurk while the rest of us were having a beer, and winning !

Bravo again.

Believe me, I too had had a few beers as well. it helps!

• Like 2